Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > Catch Up Plus not available
Old 2017-02-27 , 12:47
Still listens to the wireless

Default Catch Up Plus not available

Please help. I have spent hours on the phone with Dstv this weekend. I do not have access to Catch Up Plus. It does not show on my Value Added services menu. No downloads happen. They have checked my signal strength, I have reset the decoder numerous times. I can see how many shows and movies are on Catch UP plus, but I can't access it. If I press the Catch Up blue arrow button twice NOTHING happens. I do not see the little cloud and download arrow. I just get the same message.... connect to the internet. But I am connected!! I view Showmax.
Old 2017-02-27 , 15:40
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGoosen View Post
It does not show on my Value Added services menu.
That wouldn't affect whether it works on the Explora or not, leave that online usage side of it alone for now, let's sort out the decoder first and then others with online usage experience can help further if need be.

Quote:
No downloads happen. They have checked my signal strength, I have reset the decoder numerous times. I can see how many shows and movies are on Catch UP plus, but I can't access it. If I press the Catch Up blue arrow button twice NOTHING happens.
Downloads will not happen on their own, you will be initiating them based on your selection.
Signal strength etc. is not related to receiving CU+ on the Explora.
Where are you seeing the amount of items on CU+?

You do not press the CU button twice, I think that was an old arrangement - just press it once for both CU and CU+.

Quote:
I do not see the little cloud and download arrow. I just get the same message.... connect to the internet. But I am connected!! I view Showmax.
Have you waited up to about 10 minutes after a reboot, only then will that message disappear and the cloud icons be seen next to items on CU+. Also note that if they are in a folder then you can't see the clouds until you enter the folder.
I presume you mean you are already watching ShowMax on the Explora, not online.
Old 2017-03-01 , 22:21
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Please help. I have spent hours on the phone with Dstv this weekend. I do not have access to Catch Up Plus. It does not show on my Value Added services menu. No downloads happen. They have checked my signal strength, I have reset the decoder numerous times. I can see how many shows and movies are on Catch UP plus, but I can't access it. If I press the Catch Up blue arrow button twice NOTHING happens. I do not see the little cloud and download arrow. I just get the same message.... connect to the internet. But I am connected!! I view Showmax.
Hi SGoosen

Sorry for the delayed response. On your DStv remote press the CU button, scroll to Series and press the Options button. Go to view and select text. Check and confirm if you see any titles with a cloud on the list.
Old 2017-03-01 , 22:29
Changes remote batteries hourly

Also you may need to check a few pages down before finding a single entry which shows a cloud, or go into a few folders to find them.