Forum > Decoders > Installation > TV Link help with Explora 2 + HD Single View
Old 2017-02-20 , 09:39
Still listens to the wireless

Post TV Link help with Explora 2 + HD Single View

Hi Guys,

I need help setting up TV link on my current set up.

I have Smart LNB with Explora 2 and HD single view in extra view. Installation as follows;

Unicalbe to Explora 2 (TV 1 in lounge), Universal to HD Single view (TV 2 in bedroom).
RF Out on Explora 2 to 2 way splitter, First port feeds RF out on HD Single view and Second port feeds tv in my Son's Room.

Is there any way i can use a Eye Link in above setup to control either of these decoders? I would like to have control of the explora 2 in the bedroom because of the pvr functions but would settle for my son to have control from his Room. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 2017-02-20 , 10:08
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi,

TV Links etc. is not my strongest ability, but I can get you going in preparation for someone else helping further.

Firstly, as I understand your post you have the decoders located in the two different rooms.
That setup, and wanting to then share both feeds and control in all 3 locations is going to make for quite a bit of wiring criss-crossing around the house. Your best bet is to first have both decoders in the same room, usually the lounge is preferred but doing so in the main BR (bedroom) is possible. Would you be prepared to consider that?
Sorry if I've misunderstood and both decoders are in the lounge.

The splitter - you'll need to post the make / model. It's clearly capable of passing the HB (heartbeat) signal through it, but it will need to be determined if it can handle the TV Links' power needs.
Maybe one or both of its output connections is labelled "DC Pass"?

All the best with it.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-02-20 at 10:21. . Reason: Detail
Old 2017-02-20 , 10:44
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

recommended when using Tv Links is to use an amplified Splitter known as an SLX splitter, this splitter allows for the heartbeat and for remote signals to pass through.
It also has amplification to assist with picture quality, as there is losses on cables and splitters.
Only one of the decoders must be enabled for the T.V link to receive power.
Normal splitter with dc by pass will work but picture quality can be degraded.
always keep the uhf signals as low as possible and for distribution.
Old 2017-02-20 , 10:47
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

please find a diagram attached
Attached Files
File Type: docx TV Link.docx (64.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 2017-02-20 , 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Field Services View Post
please find a diagram attached
Thanks MC Field, this is perfect. Both decoders have the TV link enabled so i will change the settings on one. I'm off to get one of those amplified splitters and hopefully will get it sorted out when i get home. Will post update soon
Old 2017-02-20 , 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Hi,

TV Links etc. is not my strongest ability, but I can get you going in preparation for someone else helping further.

Firstly, as I understand your post you have the decoders located in the two different rooms.
That setup, and wanting to then share both feeds and control in all 3 locations is going to make for quite a bit of wiring criss-crossing around the house. Your best bet is to first have both decoders in the same room, usually the lounge is preferred but doing so in the main BR (bedroom) is possible. Would you be prepared to consider that?
Sorry if I've misunderstood and both decoders are in the lounge.

The splitter - you'll need to post the make / model. It's clearly capable of passing the HB (heartbeat) signal through it, but it will need to be determined if it can handle the TV Links' power needs.
Maybe one or both of its output connections is labelled "DC Pass"?

All the best with it.
Hi Optimist, yes you're right..i have the decoders in different locations (lounge and bedroom). i think my best bet is to get one of those amplified splitters like MR Field sugested. Will also try to put both in one room as second option.