Forum > Decoders > Installation > Secondary Explora 2A Picture Snowy After Software Update
Old 2017-02-15 , 14:23
Still gets up to change channels

I forgot to mention that Kevin from Dstv George also change the UHF frequency settings between the two decoders, as the two Explora's were on the same frequency, which apparently isn't right.
Old 2017-02-15 , 16:04
Technical Myriad

Okay.

Explora (TV1) has RF extended to BR. I presume you use a tvLINK in that room? If so, then tvLINK power must be activated on that decoder, and the remote commands will be received on the RF OUT port. This decoder can be left on the default UHF channel number or it can be changed to anything you want, preferably a lower channel number in the 20's. Make sure all the tvLINK settings are correct and that if there is a setting for which RF port is in use, set it to RF OUT.

Explora (TV2) and the HD decoder RF signals are combined with a T-piece. These two decoders must be set to use different UHF channel numbers (at least separated by 2, thus say 23 and 25). I would also ensure that the channels numbers chosen are different from the one used by the TV1 decoder. RF has a habit of leaking into connections causing ghosting and interference.

It is on these two decoders where you have to decide which one will power the tvLINKs and any other splitters that might be in place. Only one should be set to provide tvLINK power. (it should not matter which, so long as both are not trying to provide tvLINK power).

With regard to the skew angle, I will post the angles for you in a while. ( For George).

The angles:

Elevation: 27.45 degrees
True Azimuth: 61.70 degrees
Skew 47.18 degrees

The skew is measured from the 0 position on the scale on the SLNB, only slightly more than 45 degrees down LNB seems to be set at too much of an angle on the picture.

I see the image of the Diplexer did not get through. Wonder why?
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2017-02-15 at 16:40. .
Old 2017-02-15 , 16:28
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Okay.

Explora (TV1) has RF extended to BR. I presume you use a tvLINK in that room? If so, then tvLINK power must be activated on that decoder, and the remote commands will be received on the RF OUT port. This decoder can be left on the default UHF channel number or it can be changed to anything you want, preferable a lower channel number in the 20's. The primary decoder's RF Out goes to a TV in my bedroom. I don't have a TV-Link, but either use an old remote extender or change it manually. The UHF setting is Ch63(807.25Mhz)

Explora (TV2) and the HD decoder RF signals are combined with a T-piece. These two decoders must be set to use different UHF channel number. I would also ensure that the channels numbers chosen are different from the one used by the TV1 decoder. RF has a habit of leaking into connections causing ghosting and interference. The secondary Explora UHF setting is Ch46(671.25Mhz) The HD Decoder UHF setting is Ch32(559.25Mhz)

It is on these two decoders where you have to decide which one will power the tvLINKs and any other splitters that might be in place. Only one should be set to provide tvLINK power.

With regard to the skew angle, I will post the angles for you in a while. ( For George).
Thank you for your assistance.
Old 2017-02-15 , 18:30
Changes remote batteries daily

Look at Geoff's post again, he edited in the angles.