Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Wi-Fi connector - No Internet
Old 2017-02-08 , 12:25
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Forget about the long cable..just connect a laptop (wifi off) to the extender and browse the net. You didn't reply to my previous post , so I'm not sure how you did the manual setup..
He said he tried manual setup multiple times and it didn't work. How is a laptop gonna make it work all of a sudden ?

I suggested the method. Because I had the same issue. And I tried everything for a week nothing worked. Plug Ethernet cable in and like magic there is Internet

3years later we got a new system and router. Setting up took 2mins not a single problem since (wifi connector)

Explora
Old 2017-02-08 , 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
He said he tried manual setup multiple times and it didn't work. How is a laptop gonna make it work all of a sudden ?

I suggested the method. Because I had the same issue. And I tried everything for a week nothing worked. Plug Ethernet cable in and like magic there is Internet

3years later we got a new system and router. Setting up took 2mins not a single problem since (wifi connector)
Ethernet will always work I also removed my WiFi connector in favour of Ethernet btw. I read the OP's request as 'How do I fix my WiFi connector" and not 'How else can I connect to the internet'

If he wants to test the connector, then connecting directly to the laptop (in close proximity to the ap/router) will make it easier to find the problem. A long cable is more difficult to find sometimes, hence my suggestion
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2017-02-08 at 13:28. .
Old 2017-02-08 , 13:31

Oh OK.

My method was just getting it connected. Didn't go further than that

Explora
Old 2017-02-13 , 06:51
Still listens to the wireless

I've simply connected my primary Explora with an Ethernet cable. No issue.
My secondary Explora using the wifi connector - still no joy - so I gave it a fixed IP in the settings and that worked. So for now that's the way I solved the problem.
Thanks for all the input.
Tags
wifi connector;