Hi there @Yankydoodl, you can change over to a Price Lock option on Compact to get an Explora and still have XtraView (XtraView is not package dependent). R539 per month for Explora with installation and your Compact package. More information available here: http://campaigns.dstv.com/explora/#howtovideos
Compact does offer some great entertainment options (Compare channels between packages here http://www.dstv.com/topic/compare-pa...mpare-Packages
However, you will be losing out on a quite a few Premium-only services:
- No Express for the US and of course no access to M-Net 101 or M-Net Edge or M-Net Movies Premiere (and quite a few other key channels). So you will not be seeing the latest international entertainment first - you'll get access to it only several months later on M-Net City and M-Net Family (if at all)
- A significantly different Catch Up service as it will be based on the Compact offering only
- A much reduced sport offering with much less (if at all) rugby, cricket, golf, etc coverage as the focus is on football and other sports
- No access to Catch Up Plus when you connect your Explora to the internet, so no access to the 1000 movies in the M-Net Movies Collection or any of the boxsets and other series
- No discounts on ShowMax when you connect your Explora to the internet
- No access to DStv Now online or on the app - you can only access the TV Guide and the My DStv section to manage your account. All streaming of live TV channels and Catch Up content and the ability to download Catch Up content from the app (which includes the 1000 movies) will not be accessible to you
You can also go to the series and movies calendar on DStv.com (http://www.dstv.com/en-za/topic/prem...endar-20150402
) - compare the difference between Premium and Compact ones to see what you will be missing out on.
Remember the Price Lock deal gives you the chance to lock in your Premium price now for the next two years. So not only do you get a new Explora (which will change your viewing considerably) but you are also guaranteed that you pay the same price for the next 24 months without any increases. So it is a great option to consider.