Old 2017-02-01 , 10:42
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Grimm episode 4

Here we are, more than 24 hours after it was broadcast on Monday, and Grimm still hasn't found its way on to my version of the CU catalogue. To say that the wife is peeved is a gross understatement. Yes, it's sitting there on CU+, but refusing to make an appearance on CU.

Lots of other stuff that I would class as rubbish, has drifted down from the cloud, but that's another story. Roll on the day when we are able to be selective about what pollutes our CU and consumes otherwise valuable disk space.

Where's my Grimm?

Explora
Sent via TapaTalk
Old 2017-02-01 , 10:48
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
Here we are, more than 24 hours after it was broadcast on Monday, and Grimm still hasn't found its way on to my version of the CU catalogue. To say that the wife is peeved is a gross understatement. Yes, it's sitting there on CU+, but refusing to make an appearance on CU.

Lots of other stuff that I would class as rubbish, has drifted down from the cloud, but that's another story. Roll on the day when we are able to be selective about what pollutes our CU and consumes otherwise valuable disk space.

Where's my Grimm?

Explora
Sent via TapaTalk

I have grimm on my normal CU it loaded as normal after the prime time airing. I know because I watched it Monday night.

Did you perhaps have a storm or clouds or something Monday night?

Explora
Old 2017-02-01 , 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
Did you perhaps have a storm or clouds or something Monday night?

Not that I 'm aware of. Guess the problem is more to do with the decoder being busy when the slot for pushing Grimm out to CU comes around.
Old 2017-02-01 , 12:28

Quote:
Not that I 'm aware of. Guess the problem is more to do with the decoder being busy when the slot for pushing Grimm out to CU comes around.
On the Explora there is a dedicated tuner for CU so it doesn't matter what the decoder is doing at the time of the download - the only thing that should really affect it (in theory) is bad weather (and power failures off course )
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-02-01 , 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
On the Explora there is a dedicated tuner for CU so it doesn't matter what the decoder is doing at the time of the download - the only thing that should really affect it (in theory) is bad weather (and power failures off course )

Are you sure? You generally come across as very knowledgeable on things DStv. I thought tuner 1 was dedicated to the primary, satellite feed. Tuner 2 is for recordings and Tuner 3 for everything else: Epg, CU etc. Have I got it wrong? Where's the dedicated CU tuner?
Old 2017-02-01 , 12:59

Quote:
Are you sure? You generally come across as very knowledgeable on things DStv. I thought tuner 1 was dedicated to the primary, satellite feed. Tuner 2 is for recordings and Tuner 3 for everything else: Epg, CU etc. Have I got it wrong? Where's the dedicated CU tuner?
You answered your own question - tuner 3 is that dedicated tuner . EPG data takes a few seconds - the rest of the time tuner 3 only downloads Catchup and BoxOffice. Only one download gets sent at a time - so that makes it dedicated. The only thing that should interfere with receiving any files is when there is no signal.

That's in theory though - there have been CU download issues in the past but then it generally affected all (or most) users. I did receive Grimm and so did other people.
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-02-01 , 12:59
Changes remote batteries hourly

The other things that come through on tuner 3 will all be part of the same feed so there's no interference at all in that respect, what's sent out reaches all with good connections at the time.

There are occasional glitches that cause CU not to reach all Exploras, maybe it's that again but this is just a possibility guess. It's been quite a long time since that last happened.
Old 2017-02-01 , 18:28

Obviously, that damned overnight maintenance reboot causes problems. As well as forcing me to have to reboot my ADSL router in order to maintain WiFi connectivity, it would appear that it can also cause synchronization problems between the decoder and CU. I did a forced reboot (pressing and holding the decoder standby button) and the first thing I noticed was the CU+ episode 4 disappearing. Hopefully, I will now receive the missing episode 4 on CU.

Explora
Sent via TapaTalk
Old 2017-02-01 , 18:34
Changes remote batteries hourly

That's an interesting theory.
Do you have the maintenance reboot set at the default 04:15 or at a time you prefer?

Also, is your tuner 3 signal strength >75% and quality >90% in good weather?
Old 2017-02-01 , 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
That's an interesting theory.
Do you have the maintenance reboot set at the default 04:15 or at a time you prefer?

Also, is your tuner 3 signal strength >75% and quality >90% in good weather?

Maintenance time set at 04.15

Tuner status

1 - strength 100% quality 100%

2 - currently inactive

3 - strength 72% quality 100%

Finally had to reboot the router again to restore WiFi connectivity. Neither rebooting the decoder nor resetting the WiFi connector had the desired effect. In fact, that earlier hard reboot of the decoder lost WiFi connectivity. All talking to each other now.