Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Overcharging for my DSTV subscription
Old 2017-01-12 , 13:50
Knows how to use a remote

Unhappy Overcharging for my DSTV subscription

I have a DSTV premium subscription with extraview and over the last 3 months I have been debited increasing amounts for my DSTV subscription.

Nov was R908.50 (correct amount)
Dec was R1,288.00
Jan was 1,804.16.

In November I disconnected my secondary decoder (extraview) as I was having renovations done.

On the 2 Dec DSTV debited my account for R1,288.00 instead of R908.50, which I called to query and was told this would be resolved and the overcharged money would be returned to me (this did not happen).

When the renovations were complete (beginning of Dec) I reconnected my decoder and it said I should call the call centre to reconnect the service, which I did and I told the helpdesk that I have a premium subscription with extraview. After the call all was working, no problems.

On the 4 Jan DSTV debited my account for 1,804.16 instead of R908.50, which I again called to query and I was informed that the person who reconnected my service in Dec didnít just add the extraview back but took out a second premium subscription. The helpdesk added back the extraview and removed the extra premium subscription and said that the overcharged amounts have been reversed.

But when I log into MyDSTV it says I owe R 146.18 on the 1 Feb 2017, and that my account has been credited R762.32. This is incorrect, the amount credited should be R1,275.16

Please could someone rectify this, I cannot keep on calling in to the helpdesk to get this sorted out.
Old 2017-01-17 , 14:26
Still gets up to change channels

Anybody home? I came here in the vain hope that I might get help to resolve a query, but I see Dreamer's post has been sitting here for five days without any response
Old 2017-01-17 , 14:45

We can assist but that will require you to provide us with your DStv account details so that we can investigate. Please send them to me via a Private Message (PM)
Old 2017-01-17 , 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebMinder View Post
Anybody home? I came here in the vain hope that I might get help to resolve a query, but I see Dreamer's post has been sitting here for five days without any response
I gave up and posted on HelloPeter
Old 2017-01-17 , 18:21
Still gets up to change channels

I also had a similar problem with been double debited and I still have not been credited or refunded. No one from the call centre keeps they promises or call you back when they say they will. The call centre agents don't know what they are doing. I am going to all social media formats if my problem is not resolved.