Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > Emerald City Confusion
Old 2017-01-07 , 09:02
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Emerald City Confusion

Vuzu Amp (103) begins broadcasting Emerald City tonight. Not trusting DStv to add it to CU in a timely fashion, we have set a SBR for the series. Due to other conflicts, episode 2 will record before episode 1. Not a DStv problem.

What is a problem is that my schedule shows the decoder wanting to record episode 2 twice: tonight at 22.16 and again next Saturday at 21.30

Tonight's recording is for 45 minutes whilst the second is for an hour. To complicate things further, the rescheduled episode 1 will happen next Friday at 01.00 and will last 2 hours. Something is obviously amiss in the EPG!

Explora
Sent via TapaTalk
Old 2017-01-07 , 09:54
Changes remote batteries daily

It looks to me as though where the problem is coming in is that there are two different episodes labelled as Episode 2. The first two episodes were broadcast as a double bill in the US, so we get to see two episodes tonight, and they're labelled as Episodes 1 and 2.

However, what I think has happened is that they were initially treated in the EPG as a single two-hour episode, which would have led to next week's episode being labelled Episode 2. They've split it up now, but that change hasn't been reflected in the rest of the EPG yet, so the two hour repeat of Episode 1 on Friday would be the two episodes combined, and Episode 2 next Saturday is actually Episode 3.
Old 2017-01-07 , 11:27
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

After further consideration, and some research on IMdb and Wikipedia, that was the conclusion I came to. Still needs DStv to get Vuzu Amp to sort the fine details out. As someone said in another thread elsewhere in the forum, QC is somewhat lacking within the organisation and this manifests itself as an apparent lack of attention to details.

Explora
Sent via TapaTalk
Old 2017-01-10 , 18:08
Knows how to use a remote

Hello

Thank you for reporting this! You are correct, there should not be two episode 2s recording. We have escalated to Vuzu Amp to correct the schedule.