Forum > Decoders > Installation > 3 Decoder Xtraview?
Old 2017-03-02 , 17:07
Still listens to the wireless

Sorry meant RF Out

Thanks Optimist! Fully understand the need to ease up on your replies and thanks for all your help thus far
Old 2017-03-22 , 12:17

Thank you to everyone in this thread.
I want to do it myself and the question I have is this:
If I have two Explora 2 decoders and the third one is the older Explorer 1, can I connect the two Explorer 2 units using the SLNB for the heartbeat and then run a conventional heartbeat from the primary Explorer 2 (RF Out) to the Explorer 1 (RF IN or RF OUT)? For clarity, the Explorer 1 will be on a separate dish and LNB!
Old 2017-03-22 , 12:58
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackEbden View Post
Thank you to everyone in this thread.
I want to do it myself and the question I have is this:
If I have two Explora 2 decoders and the third one is the older Explorer 1, can I connect the two Explorer 2 units using the SLNB for the heartbeat and then run a conventional heartbeat from the primary Explorer 2 (RF Out) to the Explorer 1 (RF IN or RF OUT)? For clarity, the Explorer 1 will be on a separate dish and LNB!
yes it should work as far as I know, the HB signal is always available on the RF ports. Should not matter which RF ports either. The determining factor is only important IF you want to allow viewing of content on the other Exploras at the location where the Explora 1 is located.. then it will probably better to go RF out on the Primary to RF IN on the Explora 1.

Maybe we need an answer from MC Field Services on this?
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-03-22 , 13:44

Geoff,
Thank you. Not too phased by viewing of one decoder at other locations, but nice to have if itca be done so will bear that in mind.
My second dish is only 60cm. Do you absolutely have to have 80cm dish for explora. It currently feeds an old HD decoder without any problem, but using Universal 2 coax cable system?
Are Diplexers all the same if not where to get and which model. Ellies I CT?
Jack
Old 2017-03-22 , 17:51
Technical Myriad

A 60 cm antenna is best but provided the smaller one is properly aligned it will work okay except in bad weather, where service should fail on this one before services on the bigger one fail.

You DO NOT need a diplexer for the Explora 1 IF it is connected to its own LNB. It is only required where it is also connected to the SLNB feeding the other two decoders AND you want to feed HB to the decoders via the LNB cabling.

I presume the older antenna has a TWIN LNB feeding an Explora switch which then feeds the Explora 1? If so, no changes to your install are required.

The HB cable to the older decoder is the only requirement.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15