Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Billing problems becoming unfair
Old 2016-11-08 , 09:48
MultiChoice

@Luke - agree with you. Natasha and Solomon do monitor this on an ongoing basis. When one of the Forumites have posted what we would have, we don't repeat the info eg Optimist did indicate that a PM will be needed.

Unfortunately we cannot action anything without the customer details - so we ask you pls @Defib to PM myself, Natasha and Solomon your contact details and customer numbers for your mother so we can investigate and correct it. Also include what decoder your mother has.
Old 2016-11-08 , 10:06
Changes remote batteries daily

Thanks MoM
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2016-11-08 , 12:24
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defib View Post
Optimist from what I recall you don't even work for multichoice, correct?
Correct, I don't. Some of the Forumites, like those in this thread, try to assist as we simply enjoy doing that for various reasons, like some of our involvement in the industry. Generally, those that have been around for years have more than a fair idea of how things work.
You can of course say if you don't want our help and just work with the Mods, but as Marietjie indicated they will step in when need be.

Not sure why you've seemed to be concerned about what I've posted, presuming it's simply a mistake and therefore requires a refund to just be done properly then you are fully within your rights and I'm not questioning that.
If it's related to a pricing concern, as you seem to also be focusing on in your first post, then that's for you and MC to discuss and a call centre agent may well have not had the authority to make such a decision.
Old 2016-12-26 , 10:24
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

E16 error again this morning. Am told I am R100 in arrear. So I point out I pay annually and it is due in February. Long delay on the phone and then told this is correct. Now nearly 2 hours later and still no service. On phoning to complain call is cut off!

Why on earth does this happen so often?
Why are your staff so argumentative?
Are MC customers so skelm that you assume that everyone is telling lies?
Why do I have to prove who I am with all these questions? Surely the customer number should be enough, why am I asked for the Smart Card number, the Explora serial number, my address and ID? I am not taking out a loan, I am trying to get you to provide a service for which you have been paid in advance?

Is this too much to ask for?
Old 2016-12-27 , 18:57

Hello - anybody there?
Old 2016-12-29 , 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
Hello - anybody there?
It's the kind of help that needs a Mod from this forum section and it would appear both are away, can only suggest you ask for a call centre supervisor.
Old 2016-12-29 , 15:07

MC Solomon is around after all so you can send him a PM with your account and contact details, but not sure how much he'll be here this week.
Old 2016-12-29 , 15:14

Thanks Optimist
We do not have a general problem affecting customers and this looks like a unique case to chrisc.
@chrisc - We would like to have a look at problem, please send please send your DStv account details via a private message.
Old 2016-12-29 , 18:34
Still listens to the wireless

I beg to differ that @chrisc 's issue is a unique case. I am an annual client too, and have received a message that I was R111 in arrears suddenly. My term is 27/1 - 26/1 each year. It turns out it was an additional decoder added to DCC without my authority or requirement. I have now been assured it will be sorted out, but I found out during that call that Multichoice has now amended my period to be 13/-12/1 next year, meaning they will expect me to pay for the 2 week period from 13/1-27/1 twice to avoid a disconnection. I have an annual subscription, but my account has 13 pages of entries for the year which seems to completely confuse all the call centre operators, and for some reason, it seems impossible to deal with someone in the accounts department who can actually reconcile the account and sort it out.
Last year it took 5 months to get my annual invoice processed after they unilaterally converted my account to monthly for an inexplicable reason. After it was sorted and paid (over paid) my DCC on my 2 decoders was cancelled 3 times over the course of the year because of "payment issues". I have elected to just drop DCC for next year. It just isnt worth the effort. So I am not holding my breath for a smooth ride this year either. I hope the alternate options are more plentiful and a better replacement by next year.
Old 2016-12-29 , 18:48
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
E16 error again this morning. Am told I am R100 in arrear. So I point out I pay annually and it is due in February. Long delay on the phone and then told this is correct. Now nearly 2 hours later and still no service. On phoning to complain call is cut off!

Why on earth does this happen so often?
Why are your staff so argumentative?
Are MC customers so skelm that you assume that everyone is telling lies?
Why do I have to prove who I am with all these questions? Surely the customer number should be enough, why am I asked for the Smart Card number, the Explora serial number, my address and ID? I am not taking out a loan, I am trying to get you to provide a service for which you have been paid in advance?

Is this too much to ask for?
I couldnt agree more. On every call to them after they make a mistake, you are always in the wrong. After hours, and I mean literally hours on the call trying to resolve the problem, pointing out each aspect of the mistake so they can completely understand it, you eventually get through to them that you have all the necessary proof that they are in the wrong and all their arguments are invalid, you may get a "I'll look into it and get back to you". That is really just them saying "I cannot argue anymore, it is clear we are in the wrong and screwed up, but I will not acknowledge, accept or do anything about it. I just want to end this call so it can become someone else's problem when you call back. There are never notes on the account for the next person to look at. No one can see who you last spoke to. And you will never get a call back, whether to tell you it is resolved or not. Customer service is severely lacking and the attitude of the call centre people in general is atrocious. Good luck.