Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > Explora 2 Catch Up and BoxOffice missing
Old 2016-11-03 , 18:24
Still gets up to change channels

Question Explora 2 Catch Up and BoxOffice missing

I got a new Explora 2a and replaced my HD pvr. It is on the same aerial with my Explora 1 in XtraView.
From day 1 (25/10) it has not been able to download Catchup or Boxoffice. The Explora 1 has everything working. I have done reboots, reloads, disk drive wipes, and still my BoxOffice on the E2a says "BoxOffice is not available in your region". WTF. The Explora 1, on the same aerial in the same unit with same signal strength can download all, but the new E2a can't? Despite phone calls, visits to Randburg office and getting my aeriel people out to check the aeriel, I still don't have Catchup or BoxOffice. Is there a setting I or DSTV is missing?
Old 2016-11-04 , 07:33
Changes remote batteries hourly

There was a problem like this a few months ago, but the symptoms you're describing have differences. Possibly just an overlooked configuration error on MC's side with your setup.

Hang ten, you'll get assistance once this has been initially investigated.
Old 2016-11-04 , 11:57
MultiChoice

This is one of two issues - either you did not update the software on the Explora 2 when you installed it or it has not been properly activated. Pls send me a PM with your contact details and account number, and I'll get someone to phone you.
Old 2016-11-11 , 09:45

Default CatchUp OK

I had Roger from MC round at the house. Turns out there seems to be a problem with having a single cable in a SMATV environment, while having two Explora's. You can't set the frequencies as you can in a Unicable environment. So they tweaked things a bit and I had to make some cable changes. Clement said that a new software version this coming weekend might fix the issue.
Old 2016-11-22 , 13:36

Angry CatchUp gone

Did something change this weekend? I went away and on returning Monday night all my CatchUp and BoxOffice was gone. So I'm back to where I was with BoxOffice saying that it's not available in my region. How can things go from working to gone over a weekend?
Old 2016-12-14 , 11:03
Still listens to the wireless

Thumbs down Explora 2a Single cable system, no CU or BO and missinf channels

I seem to be having the exact same issue as David stated since the launch of the new satellite. The old explora had missing channels but MC updated the frequency’s a week or two back, but till date 8 channels are missing (111, 145, 170, 175…..) and no Box Office nor catchup titles available on the new Explora 2a in a complex on a single cable system, may MV can provide some updates as they are aware of the issue but I have not seen any official comms from them, not even the accredited installers have seen comms but are also aware of the issue,
Old 2016-12-14 , 11:09
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carljo View Post
I seem to be having the exact same issue as David stated since the launch of the new satellite. The old explora had missing channels but MC updated the frequency’s a week or two back, but till date 8 channels are missing (111, 145, 170, 175…..) and no Box Office nor catchup titles available on the new Explora 2a in a complex on a single cable system, may MV can provide some updates as they are aware of the issue but I have not seen any official comms from them, not even the accredited installers have seen comms but are also aware of the issue,
Welcome to posting :-)
Your situation is different, you can learn about what is causing it in posts 92 & 93 here
But as you'll see it is up to your Body Corporate to sort out.
Old 2016-12-14 , 11:20

:-) Thanks for the prompt response and info Optimist, just want to double check the post you advised on, all current decoders in the complex are working fine, I upgraded my PVR2 about 1 Month ago to the new explora 2a, it seems the explora 2a is the only one experiencing this issue on the single cable system in complexes. The installers who do installations in a number of other complexes have confirmed all who have upgraded to the explora 2a are having the same issues, the advised they are working with MC to resolve this issue, just wanted some official comms that there is in fact an issue and if confirmed maybe I should go back to my PVR2 till they have resolved the signal issues, hope I am making sense here J
Old 2016-12-14 , 11:35
Changes remote batteries daily

Optimist is now away, but spoke to him and he asked me to tell you that only your BC can really give you specific info as MC will not know the details of their communal setup and this forum is not used much for communal help as it is the complex's responsibility. hopefully those posts gave you some reasonable understanding.
Old 2016-12-14 , 11:45

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, will chat with the BC
Tags
explora 2 catchup