Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > "Failed" recordings
Old 2016-10-05 , 11:19
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Default "Failed" recordings

Not sure what is happenning here:

I had a back up recording set for Quantico yesterday morning 8:30am. When I got home, all trace of it was gone. No recording, no failed recording, nothing. Was not too concerned as CU had downloaded.

Set recordings last night for amonsgt other things, Queen Sugar and 12 Monkeys (which has not downloaded on CU, so it is a must have). This morning, Queen Sugar was failed due to Conflict, new recording was set by PVR. However, 12 Monkeys has just disappeared - nothing to be found.

What could this be?
Old 2016-10-05 , 11:27
Changes remote batteries hourly

I think maybe related to our other thread in the broadcast errors forum section: SBR info error with Westworld
I'm 90%+ certain that my mentioned SBR schedule for Shameless did disappear, the only difference is that it must have returned again.
Hopefully this new bug is something MC is already sorting out.
Old 2016-10-06 , 10:15
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
Not sure what is happenning here:

I had a back up recording set for Quantico yesterday morning 8:30am. When I got home, all trace of it was gone. No recording, no failed recording, nothing. Was not too concerned as CU had downloaded.

Set recordings last night for amonsgt other things, Queen Sugar and 12 Monkeys (which has not downloaded on CU, so it is a must have). This morning, Queen Sugar was failed due to Conflict, new recording was set by PVR. However, 12 Monkeys has just disappeared - nothing to be found.

What could this be?
Hello

I'm investigating Quantico. For 12 Monkeys did you set a series recording or a once-off? If it's a series recording, could you check to see if any other episodes have been set when you are home?
Old 2016-10-06 , 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
Hello

I'm investigating Quantico. For 12 Monkeys did you set a series recording or a once-off? If it's a series recording, could you check to see if any other episodes have been set when you are home?
All my recordings, except Survivor, are series recording. I reset for 12 Monkeys episode for early this morning are it recorded fine. I also reset for Quantico yesterday afternoon, just to test, and that worked fine too. I did these, the Explora did not set them for me.
Old 2016-10-06 , 18:21

Quote:
All my recordings, except Survivor, are series recording. I reset for 12 Monkeys episode for early this morning are it recorded fine. I also reset for Quantico yesterday afternoon, just to test, and that worked fine too. I did these, the Explora did not set them for me.
I've had a look. It is possible the decoder was somehow confused with the 12 Monkeys recording as it changed days, it moved from midnight to 23:59 the previous night, but the decoder should have tracked this change. In both cases, even if there was some kind of error, the decoder should have automatically set a recording for the next available event. Please let me know if you see this again.
Old 2016-10-07 , 07:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
I've had a look. It is possible the decoder was somehow confused with the 12 Monkeys recording as it changed days, it moved from midnight to 23:59 the previous night, but the decoder should have tracked this change. In both cases, even if there was some kind of error, the decoder should have automatically set a recording for the next available event. Please let me know if you see this again.
Thank you for the feedback. I will advise if I experience this again.
Old 2017-02-09 , 08:13

I had 6 recordings set for last night. The last 2 were Missing and Bull. Missing only recorded 6 minutes and Bull nothing at all. Nothing appears under Failed Recordings. Explora has rescheduled the recording for Bull. Can't set a new recording for Missing as Explora says it has already been recorded (all 6 minutes of it).

Just reporting as both have downloaded on CU.
Old 2017-02-09 , 08:55
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Can't set a new recording for Missing as Explora says it has already been recorded (all 6 minutes of it).
You probably know most of this Ms. Cat, so posting it for other readers, and to debate the recording rule with MC.

If you delete the partial recording it will allow that Missing episode to be recorded again.
Or you can just do so with a MR (Manual Recording) which bypasses that rule.

Instead of having that as a firm rule, IMO a question should pop up that states there's already a copy and asking to confirm another recording.
As the rule stands it's just been an irritation for me quite a number of times, I would think will be confusing many, and can only help someone forgetful enough from making the small mistake of recording a second copy.
Old 2017-02-09 , 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
You probably know most of this Ms. Cat,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
... IMO a question should pop up that states there's already a copy and asking to confirm another recording.
Agree, would prefer the option.
Old 2017-02-09 , 09:52

Quote:
I had 6 recordings set for last night. The last 2 were Missing and Bull. Missing only recorded 6 minutes and Bull nothing at all. Nothing appears under Failed Recordings. Explora has rescheduled the recording for Bull. Can't set a new recording for Missing as Explora says it has already been recorded (all 6 minutes of it).

Just reporting as both have downloaded on CU.
Hello

I've had a look at the BBC First schedule for last night and all programmes were correctly scheduled with no changes in the last month (besides a minutes here and there).

Which leads me to believe the issue is with the number of recordings you've set, do you make use of the 'Conflicting Recordings' function? You can find this under the DStv Menu - Planner - Schedules - Conflicting Recordings.
This screen summarises all recordings that will conflict in the coming week (so you only have to check once a week). There are two more repeats of The Missing, my guess is that they both conflict with other recordings you have, hence the Explora is unable to set a new one for them.
The other solution is to delete the series recording for this show and set a new one.