Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > blank screen on explora
Old 2017-01-03 , 14:09

Hi All,

I have noted and have escalated this query.
I will feedback as soon as possible.

Regards,
MC Mpho
Old 2017-01-11 , 12:51
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
Hi Guys, can't directly assist with this one - but can you please advise if these Explora's are all connected in XtraView?
If not, is it always tuned to the same channel (if yes, which one).
I have never had this problem on my Explora - not to say it doesn't exist, but any and all info would help the tech team track this down.
I will alert them to this thread in the meantime.
Most of the time I have experienced the issue is when going back to "TV" after watching something in the playlist or catchup.
Just blank screen, no error message. Can however browse iplate and change channels, but still blank screen even after changing channel. Only fix is to reboot.

In my setup the Explora (v1) is the primary decoder in my Xtraview setup.

It happens while being on random channels. Most of the time I am tuned to any of the channels in the 101 --> 121 range, so I typically experience the above while tuned here.
Old 2017-01-11 , 16:00

Apologies All.

The blank screen issue will be fixed with the end of January software release.

Regards,
Mpho
Old 2017-01-14 , 10:52
Changes remote batteries daily

Yay. Thanks MC Mpho. I've only this week started to have these issues. Will be looking forward to the s.u fix

Explora
Old 2017-01-14 , 11:58
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mpho View Post
Apologies All.

The blank screen issue will be fixed with the end of January software release.

Regards,
Mpho
I am anxiously waiting for this fix. It start happening in November with my Explora. Have to restart it two to three times a week since it started. I even try Dstv support on Facebook. In the end the person attending to my problem, suggest that my decoder is at fault and that I have to take it in to the Multichoice shop to be tested. I am going to wait for end of January before going that way, because to go standing in a row miles long, is a nightmare.

Fact is, Multichoice does not really worry about two or three people's problems as long as they can get as much subscribers as possible. If they were really worried about this problem ( Blank Screen) and the one of "insert Card", it would be solved many months ago.

Explora Extra view couples to HD PVR2
Bloemfontein
Old 2017-01-14 , 16:27

This is getting ridiculous now. I am at the third restart for the day. This cannot wait another two weeks.
Old 2017-01-14 , 18:16
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinnel View Post
I am anxiously waiting for this fix. It start happening in November with my Explora. Have to restart it two to three times a week since it started. I even try Dstv support on Facebook. In the end the person attending to my problem, suggest that my decoder is at fault and that I have to take it in to the Multichoice shop to be tested. I am going to wait for end of January before going that way, because to go standing in a row miles long, is a nightmare.

Fact is, Multichoice does not really worry about two or three people's problems as long as they can get as much subscribers as possible. If they were really worried about this problem ( Blank Screen) and the one of "insert Card", it would be solved many months ago.

Explora Extra view couples to HD PVR2
Bloemfontein
Wonder if it's really any use taking the Explora in to the Multichoice shop. All, I THINK, that will happen is you'll be charged for the swap item but have no guarantee that the problem won't still be there. Too many of us are having this problem. I'd rather suggest you wait and see what happens AFTER the "fix" has been downloaded.
Old 2017-01-14 , 20:17

Thanks beetle. I think it is the best to wait and see.
Old 2017-02-12 , 15:32

I just wanted to say that since the last software update, my Explora 1 and 2 are both behaving themselves quite nicely.
Old 2017-02-12 , 18:48

The first Explora stopped working (frozen all the time) so I bought a new one in October. This one has a peculiar abberation - when I change the volume the 3 lines showing the channel, current program and next program appears. I need to press Return to get rid of it. When I change channel, say from 401 to 402, it appears again and goes out after 19 or 20 seconds

How can I make this display time shorter? I think 3 or 4 seconds would be adequate