Forum > Value Added Services > BoxOffice > Movies get grainy/pixellated during certain scenes
Old 2016-07-29 , 03:24
Still gets up to change channels

Default Movies get grainy/pixellated during certain scenes

I have been having a problem ever since I've been watching box office movies. In certain scenes, especially when the camera pans, the picture quality breaks up as to become pixelated, then rights itself again when the image is more or less still.

Surely it shouldn't be this way? I have also posted another problem in another part of the forum about my decoder rebooting very often, so I'm not sure if these problems are related. Please help.
Old 2016-07-31 , 11:43
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi Brandon

Kindly confirm, if your DStv Catch Up is able to update titles, are you able to view your recordings and lastly are you able to view all channels include HD channels

regards
Old 2016-08-01 , 03:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pamela View Post
Hi Brandon

Kindly confirm, if your DStv Catch Up is able to update titles, are you able to view your recordings and lastly are you able to view all channels include HD channels

regards
I don't use Dstv Catch Up so I don't know about that. I am able to view the recordings I make and there's nothing wrong there. All my HD channels are working fine as far as I can tell.
Old 2016-08-01 , 08:21

Please try the following steps so we can check the signal strength and quality on all turners:

1. Go to ch 194
2. Start a recording
3. Go to ch 204
4. Press PLAYLIST and check that the recording is active (it should be listed on the top of the Playlist as recording in progress)
5. Press TV (back to 204)
6. Now, while watching 204 and recording 194, press HELP
7. Select General Information
8. Select Tuner Status and let us know the signal quality and signal strength for all three tuners
Old 2016-08-01 , 09:16
Has to hide the DStv remote from the little one.

Quote:
Please try the following steps so we can check the signal strength and quality on all turners:

1. Go to ch 194
2. Start a recording
3. Go to ch 204
4. Press PLAYLIST and check that the recording is active (it should be listed on the top of the Playlist as recording in progress)
8. Select Tuner Status and let us know the signal quality and signal strength for all three tuners
but, boxoffice movies are already downloaded arnt they?
Old 2016-08-01 , 10:48
Changes remote batteries daily

...but the recording is still done via a tuner, hence the signal strength check
90cm dish; LMX502 ; Explora as Primary in lounge, HD-PVR2 in flat; XV heartbeat via RF outs; Samsung 60LED7000 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Flat has 32" Hi-Sense. Denon AVRX1100 configured for 5.1; Sony BluRay; WD media player; All using HDMI/optical/coax.
Old 2016-08-02 , 18:46

Quote:

1. Go to ch 194
2. Start a recording
3. Go to ch 204
Nothing happens when I press the HELP button, but then I press the menu button, go to Info Central, then go to the Tuner Status from there. Is that correct? In the Tuner Status there is a whole lot of text info, so I can't tell what the signal strength or quality is.
Old 2016-08-03 , 10:20
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonc View Post
Nothing happens when I press the HELP button, but then I press the menu button, go to Info Central, then go to the Tuner Status from there. Is that correct? In the Tuner Status there is a whole lot of text info, so I can't tell what the signal strength or quality is.
How you get into the menu is fine either way, but don't go to Information Central. Lower down in the sub-list that Information Central is listed in is also Tuner Status. There you will find the readings.
Old 2016-10-03 , 09:09
Knows how to use a remote

I have noticed the same problem. Haven't noticed it earlier this year using BoxOffice.

Rented "Miracles from heaven" yesterday. Around scene changes the picture got very pixellated.
I got it in a few places, but if you want to check MC, during/around the scene in the hotel restaurant I remember being an example.
Old 2016-10-03 , 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
I have noticed the same problem. Haven't noticed it earlier this year using BoxOffice.

Rented "Miracles from heaven" yesterday. Around scene changes the picture got very pixellated.
I got it in a few places, but if you want to check MC, during/around the scene in the hotel restaurant I remember being an example.
Hi Ajax, have you tried following the above steps to check signal or strength and quality and is your Catch up working properly?