Forum > Content > Sport > Barclays English Premier League 2016-2017
Old 2017-03-07 , 09:26
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Apparently he had been squabbling with is team mates and stormed out of training. So Wenger benched him. Cheers, K
Ok thanks. Disciplinary reasons then. Understandable.
Old 2017-03-07 , 10:03
4K, baby!

I think that his on-pitch histrionics have been causing some disharmony in the dressing room.
He is our best player; but, he is become a prima donna and that is never a good thing.
Cheers, K.

[edit] PS let's see what happens this evening in the CL. I don't think for a minute that we will win 4 nil, which is what we need to do to stay in; but a solid performance is essential. k.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-03-07 at 10:05. .
Old 2017-03-08 , 14:27
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
[edit] PS let's see what happens this evening in the CL. I don't think for a minute that we will win 4 nil, which is what we need to do to stay in; but a solid performance is essential. k.
At least you're consistent...
Old 2017-03-20 , 11:26
4K, baby!

Well in two games at least there were some footballing blunders which made some of those I made decades ago more acceptable to me now. Perhaps I can stop reminding myself of the glaring miss of mine when I was a meter or two out of the goals and missed the ball completely. See Lallana did something very similar on Sunday. Mind you, some of the other forwards on the field didn't exactly cover themselves in glory with their finishing either.

Then at the other end of the field, in the Middlesborough against man united game the Middelsborough keeper didn't help his team's cause either. What a blunder. If anybody hasn't seen these two blunders give the games a watch. The goalkeeping error took place right at the end of the game. Lallana's miss was, I think, about halfway through the second half.
Old 2017-04-11 , 09:49
4K, baby!

Not trying to "kick a man when he's down" but Sandtonman, what's going on at your club? Starting to look a bit bleak for Arsenal to make the top four now. Not that I'm complaining as your dropping points last night makes Liverpool's chances a little bit more promising.

However, I would add that from what I saw of Palace last night I wouldn't rate our chances too highly in beating them either. Pretty solid at the back and pace up front. Also with a lot of aerial power with Benteke. Think it's the margin of last night's defeat that is more surprising than the defeat itself.

Be surprised if Wenger decides to stay on and not now accede to the supporters requests, demands?, that he leave.
Old 2017-04-11 , 13:19
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
...... Sandtonman, what's going on at your club? .......
I've never felt as despondent about the club as I do today!
I appreciate you guys not rubbing too much salt into the wounds!

Sadly the boss appears to have lost the changing room; much in the same way Mourinho did a while back at Chelski. His apparent indecision is just making things worse.

Ozil and Sanchez were lazy and uncommitted. Sanchez in the 2nd half when he realised he was on is own. Oil the whole game.

Defence was non-existent. Best team won on the night.

what more can I say? Middle of the table performance.

Cheers, K.
Old 2017-04-12 , 11:32
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Sanchez could make a decent replacement for Hazard if Real get their man (sadly, they usually do). Pretty sure he'd like to play in the Champions League next year.
Old 2017-04-12 , 11:39
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDavid View Post
Sanchez could make a decent replacement for Hazard if Real get their man (sadly, they usually do). Pretty sure he'd like to play in the Champions League next year.
Agreed. Pretty much a like for like kind of player. Although of the two I think Hazard has a bit more to offer. Unfortunately both of them seem to be a bit temperamental? Wouldn't mind either of them coming to Liverpool but don't think we can afford their wages.
Old 2017-04-24 , 09:51
Changes remote batteries daily

Wow, this thread is very quiet. I popped in just to see whats happening, been busy with work

Its the business end of the season now, it is Chelsea's league to still lose, Spurs can just be consistent and hope for Chelsea to lose & draw their next couple of games. Liverpool's loss yesterday was a huge boost for MU who is fighting for 4th position. 3rd & 4th position can go to Liverpool, MC, MU or Arsenal - it all depends on how the rest of the results pan out

Chelsea vs Arsenal for the FA Cup Final
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2017-04-24 , 11:09
4K, baby!

Was wondering how long it would take before a united supporter would start posting here again? Been quite a while since one of you did. Wonder why that is?

But whatever, welcome back Flynn and don't stay away again.

Yes, looking interesting for this top four finish. Liverpool blew it big time yesterday and have now allowed the likes of man u and Arsenal back into the running. City, I believe, unless they lose against united on Thursday should be ok for a top four finish. We, Liverpool, now have to rely on our winning our remaining games, all against lower league sides so who knows what will happen here, while hoping the other teams drop points against each other. As long as we win these games then I think we'll be ok as the other sides challenging us must play a number of games against each other. At least it's keeping the interest going.

A couple of weeks ago I was saying Chelsea were already assured of the title but now a little bit of doubt has crept in. Still think they'll win it but Spurs perhaps have a very outside chance.

Down below it seems like Sunderland and Middlesborough are down. Close run race to see who is going to go down with them. Bournemouth, Hull and Palace all winning over the weekend.

Flynn, can you please forward me your crystal ball so I too can start to get some of my Superbru picks correct? You absolutely flying this week.