Forum > Content > Sport > Barclays English Premier League 2016-2017
Old 2016-12-07 , 19:19
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Incidentally this is how I have been feeling since 2013 and couting...
Don't worry the pain eases after a few years and then it's a case of .... "watch us next season" followed by "watch us NEXT season" and so it goes. Like now Liverpool are doing fairly well so perhaps THIS is the season? If not, then watch us next season. Sigh. So it goes season by season.

Oh to be a supporter of a team like ...... Everton? where there are no expectations to succeed just to avoid relegation.

YNWA
Old 2016-12-08 , 09:11
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Oh to be a supporter of a team like ...... Everton? where there are no expectations to succeed just to avoid relegation.

YNWA
Or Leicester even

How longs it now beetle ? I know you broke our barren spell record recently so it must be 26 or 27 years ?

Cheers Enjoy the weekends matches
Ian
Old 2016-12-08 , 11:36
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW View Post
Or Leicester even

How longs it now beetle ? I know you broke our barren spell record recently so it must be 26 or 27 years ?

Cheers Enjoy the weekends matches
Ian
Been too long but at least we have won the Champions League during this time. Europa League too. So not all bad.
Old 2016-12-12 , 17:23
4K, baby!

For Sale. One goalkeeper. Going cheap. Sigh.
Old 2016-12-21 , 10:15
Changes remote batteries daily

Man United seem to be peaking at the right time and hopefully they win all their games to put enough pressure on Spurs & Arsenal to come into the top 4, thereafter they can pressure Liverpool & Man City. Chelsea is probably a tad too far with the points at the moment but if the top 4 is still in Europe & other domestic cups, I feel that we are going to have some surprise results coming up as the bottom teams will be looking for survival as well
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2017-01-16 , 17:36
4K, baby!

Well how many here would have predicted Everton beating Man City and by the margin of 4-0? Definitely not me. Fairly impressed with one of their youngsters, Davies. Think he's 19 years old and has been fairly impressive in the couple of games that I've seen him play.

Spurs making a strong statement regarding challenging for the title and are a side to be taken seriously going by their recent performances. Arsenal also managing to stay in the title race but without, in my view, being overly spectacular.

manchester united are having a good run but surprisingly, even though they have been on a long winning streak, just don't seem able to get out of the sixth spot in the league. united supporters must have been biting their fingernails yesterday when Liverpool took the lead and held onto it till the last five minutes of the game. That goal was always coming and I'd have been very surprised, pleasantly so, if we'd been able to hold out till the end. Too much pressure was forthcoming from united. See Klopp has been commenting on the high ball tactics used by united but if it works why not use it? I'm satisfied with the one point we collected at old trafford although obviously three would have been better. Liverpool still on target for a top four finish which is the main target for this season as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2017-01-17 , 11:02
4K, baby!

Quote:
........ Arsenal also managing to stay in the title race but without, in my view, being overly spectacular......
Hi BB, yes kindly put. And I tend to agree.
We still exhibit a level of inconsistency and lack of real aggression that prevent us being a true contender for the title.

Sandy and I are off to the Emirates on Sunday, for the first of our regular yearly pilgrimages; we are at home to Burnley.

Hopefully the Gunners will fair better that when we were last there on the first day of the season, in August, when your boys managed to beat us 4-3.

We are back at th Emirates on the 31st when we will be hosting Watford in a mid-week game.

Both of these matches should be a breeze, but they never are. The mid-table teams frequently surprise us 4 or 5 regulars at the top.

Wish us luck and great days out!

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-01-17 at 11:08. .
Old 2017-01-17 , 19:01
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi BB, yes kindly put. And I tend to agree.
We still exhibit a level of inconsistency and lack of real aggression that prevent us being a true contender for the title.

Sandy and I are off to the Emirates on Sunday, for the first of our regular yearly pilgrimages; we are at home to Burnley.

Hopefully the Gunners will fair better that when we were last there on the first day of the season, in August, when your boys managed to beat us 4-3.

We are back at th Emirates on the 31st when we will be hosting Watford in a mid-week game.

Both of these matches should be a breeze, but they never are. The mid-table teams frequently surprise us 4 or 5 regulars at the top.

Wish us luck and great days out!

Cheers, K.
Sandtonman with you being one of the teams challenging us for a top four finish I hope you won't mind if I don't wish Arsenal good luck in their forthcoming fixtures? But I will wish you and Sandy a pleasant days outings and an overall pleasant stay in England. That said I think you have too much firepower and skill not to manage victories over Burnley and Watford. Will be picking Arsenal to win both those games in our Superbru competition.
Old 2017-01-22 , 12:00
4K, baby!

Would have discussed yesterday's football results but thankfully this thread is very quiet so no need for me to humiliate myself.
Old 2017-01-22 , 12:29
4K, baby!

Quote:
Would have discussed yesterday's football results but thankfully this thread is very quiet so no need for me to humiliate myself
Weekend results so far make it even more critical for the Gunners to show up today when we host Burnley!

It is REALLY cold here today, crunchy frost under foot on the lawn, so my wife has dug out a choice of warm stuff for us to choose from for our trip to the Emirates! -- see pic

There will however still be some hardy fellows who pitch up in club kit Scary!

Cheers, K.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gooner-stuff.jpg (100.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-01-22 at 12:31. .