Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Account and billing query.
Closed Thread  
Old 2015-03-29 , 15:53
Knows how to use a remote

Default Account and billing query.

Hi There,

When the whole price increase was announced, we downgraded to the entry level package and phoned into the call center to change our billing type to Annual. We also wanted to pay a year up front for easy view. The consultant said that this had been done, but the statements and account details under self service doesn't add up with what was said over the phone.

We got told that we would be charged for a year up front and get the 12th month free. The statement shows that we got charged for 1 month in March at R29, and 1 month in April at R39. I was expecting an amount in the region of R330 to be deducted. Also, we have 2 separate accounts and the one account was in credit so we asked for that account to be refunded as we do not use the second account. We haven't seen any refunds and this was 26 days ago.

Which mod can help? Thank you in anticipation.
Old 2015-03-29 , 18:31
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighit View Post
Hi There,

When the whole price increase was announced, we downgraded to the entry level package and phoned into the call center to change our billing type to Annual. We also wanted to pay a year up front for easy view. The consultant said that this had been done, but the statements and account details under self service doesn't add up with what was said over the phone.

We got told that we would be charged for a year up front and get the 12th month free. The statement shows that we got charged for 1 month in March at R29, and 1 month in April at R39. I was expecting an amount in the region of R330 to be deducted. Also, we have 2 separate accounts and the one account was in credit so we asked for that account to be refunded as we do not use the second account. We haven't seen any refunds and this was 26 days ago.

Which mod can help? Thank you in anticipation.
Hi, FYI, Easy View doesn't qualify for the free 12 month. I know there is a lot of confusion over this over the years and MC staff have said otherwise. Unless things have really changed then I apologise. You can PM MCA CCS Natasha your details or send an Inbox Message via Facebook for direct contact with a person - remember most of them only work office hours.
Old 2015-03-30 , 08:12
MultiChoice

Pls PM your account and contact number, I'll get someone to contact you.
Old 2015-03-30 , 08:50
Technical Myriad

Not at all surprised with the outcome listed below. I have tried a few times in the last week to get the same done only to be told, that the special does not apply to the EasyView package, AND that the one month off also does not apply to the PVR Access/XV fee.

I will also be sending a PM to see if this could be sorted out please.

I am expecting to be charged R(29 + R75)*11 = R 1144, Instead I get told the amount will be R 1219, hardly worth the bother.

BTW, the personalised statement on DSTV.com, still shows completely incorrect information about the price increase.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2015-03-30 at 08:55. .
Old 2015-03-30 , 09:43
MultiChoice

Self Service will only tick over to the new prices on 1 April, so your statements will not reflect the correct pricing as yet.

I'll check those PMs and get people to contact you.
Old 2015-03-30 , 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Self Service will only tick over to the new prices on 1 April, so your statements will not reflect the correct pricing as yet.

I'll check those PMs and get people to contact you.
Hi Marietjie, but they do. 2nd March on my statement shows R29. 3rd March shows R39.
Old 2015-03-30 , 10:33
Technical Myriad

Got a response from a Mr Thompson ( sorry missed his first name).

He was apologetic and stated that their information states the special discount ( 11 +1) does NOT apply to EasyView and that he would have to go back and check. I have just sent him a screen shot of one of the posts from MC on the forum dealing with the matter. Awaiting his feedback.
Old 2015-03-30 , 10:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Got a response from a Mr Thompson ( sorry missed his first name).

He was apologetic and stated that their information states the special discount ( 11 +1) does NOT apply to EasyView and that he would have to go back and check. I have just sent him a screen shot of one of the posts from MC on the forum dealing with the matter. Awaiting his feedback.
If this is true, I'm cancelling completely. I can afford premium, but hate it when you know that you are being ripped off. There is that free satellite TV provider that even has a dedicated kiddies channel which shows some decent shows for the kids.
Old 2015-03-30 , 10:44
MultiChoice

I cannot apologise enough - he is in the wrong and we have just told him so. We do not understand where they get this idea that EasyView does not qualify - we have corrected them and hopefully they will be in touch to sort you both out.
Old 2015-03-30 , 10:54
Technical Myriad

Hi All,

Just got a call back from Mike Thompson at the call centre, CONFIRMING that the 11+1 discount applies to the EasyView package. My account has been updated, I have paid an amount of R 1144 for EasyView plus PVR and XV access for a complete year.

Normal EasyView only is R 319, Plus PVR Access and XV goes up to R 1144.

Thank you MoM for your intervention and let us all hope that the message has now reached all the call centre personnel.

Thank you very much to Mike for sorting it out!

BTW, today is the last day that this can be done at the old rates applicable ---- so those of you who want to get the yearly discount, it is TTMYA.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2015-03-30 at 10:58. .
Closed Thread