Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > The DStv WiFi Connector
Closed Thread  
Old 2014-11-12 , 23:13
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert View Post
Few questions:

- will we need a software update before the functionality is enabled?
- it's clear that the dongle will only be available next week, but for peeps who have Ethernet close to their decoders, is the functionality working already, or will it only be enabled once the dongles are available?
- the link in the first post to "catchup plus" is incorrect

Yes new software been rolled out this week

The is no dongle. It is a WiFi Ethernet connector. It simply plugs into the Ethernet port with a LAN cable. It is powered by an USB port. If you have a LAN cable available you can use that.

Functionality will work once software is updated.
Old 2014-11-12 , 23:20
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
We were told tonight that a 'download manager' is in the works for a later release
That will be very nice. Got my router's parental control to only allow it to connect between 12am - 7am. That will have to do for now.
My Explora has a Ethernet cable connected to it for the last week
Old 2014-11-13 , 13:36
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I'm curious to know now that the Explora is Internet connected..

Is the Explora only going to be used for the already mentioned features or will Multichoice also be pulling information back from these devices in the background to see what people are up to ?

Either way, it will not take us long to figure out if they are but I'm interested to know nevertheless.

I take my privacy very seriously(not that I have anything to hide).

Nelis
Old 2014-11-13 , 13:44
MultiChoice

Hi Nelis
We have had a research panel for a number of years already.
This is where we connect a device to your decoder that then sends data and feedback to us via the internet.
This is done with your knowledge and consent (ie. the panelists are aware that we are drawing viewing data from their decoders).
The info that we get cannot be shared at a user level, ie. user x watched channel Y for 1 hour. We use the data at a broader level to understand what are customers are watching and how they are using the decoder.
Be rest assured, we will not be tapping into your particular viewing habits without your knowledge.
Old 2014-11-13 , 14:05
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
Hi Nelis
We have had a research panel for a number of years already.
This is where we connect a device to your decoder that then sends data and feedback to us via the internet.
This is done with your knowledge and consent (ie. the panelists are aware that we are drawing viewing data from their decoders).
The info that we get cannot be shared at a user level, ie. user x watched channel Y for 1 hour. We use the data at a broader level to understand what are customers are watching and how they are using the decoder.
Be rest assured, we will not be tapping into your particular viewing habits without your knowledge.
Thanks for the information Brenda.

Nelis
Old 2014-11-13 , 18:08
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert View Post
Few questions:

- will we need a software update before the functionality is enabled?
- it's clear that the dongle will only be available next week, but for peeps who have Ethernet close to their decoders, is the functionality working already, or will it only be enabled once the dongles are available?
- the link in the first post to "catchup plus" is incorrect

Not ready as of 1800. I have connected vie Ethernet, went to Help, but no Tools available, did a reboot, no luck, early days yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2014-11-13 , 18:11
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanred View Post
Not ready as of 1800. I have connected vie Ethernet, went to Help, but no Tools available, did a reboot, no luck, early days yet.

The software is due to roll out tomorrow morning, keep an eye out for updates then
Old 2014-11-13 , 18:19

Tapatalk is slow, thanks for update Brenda. I shall see tomorrow.

Old 2014-11-14 , 05:02
Still gets up to change channels

My Explora is in my bedroom and as at 4am this morning the new features are there.
It's not connected to my router yet but will be later today.
Old 2014-11-14 , 09:28

Mine too. Mediocre series and OLD movies. Waiting for the Box Sets. Early days I guess. I like the stated movies size in MB and Gigs. House of Lies, could we please have episode 1&2, I missed them.
I guess MC needs a thumbs up for trying to better our viewing experience.

Closed Thread