Old 2014-04-07 , 11:16
4K, baby!

Was just about to delete my post as I've noticed this 'intrusion' is showing on other internet sites as well. But now that I've seen the reply of Eurica's I'll leave it and see if others are also having this problem.

Adblock? How can one get this and how does it work? In other words for someone like me. Those books, Computers for Dummies and all the other Dummy like books were written expressly for me.
Old 2014-04-07 , 11:23
Forum Queen (gets her subjects to change her remote batteries daily.)
[Dear Twitter: Forum Queen is not a MultiChoice employee.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Adblock? How can one get this and how does it work? In other words for someone like me. Those books, Computers for Dummies and all the other Dummy like books were written expressly for me.
Toemaar without Google to look up everything I would be useless as well!

I use Google Chrome as a search engine and that has a thing called AdBlock. So if you Google 'AdBlock for Chrome' it will give you results for downloads. That's what I did. Hope that helps.

Maybe one of the clever people here can explain it better.
Old 2014-04-07 , 11:26
Has to hide the DStv remote from the little one.

Quote:
Was just about to delete my post as I've noticed this 'intrusion' is showing on other internet sites as well. But now that I've seen the reply of Eurica's I'll leave it and see if others are also having this problem.

i would download an install malware anitbytes, and run a scan , 1st off

then , if you want to do the adblock thing, install google chrome, then go to google apps, and search for adblock
Old 2014-04-07 , 12:22
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
To change subject and not knowing where to post it but can someone tell me if they are also receiving some advert type thing on their computer when scrolling through the different threads?

Comes up on the left hand side, as I look at it, of my screen and has the headings: Related Searches: Internet Forum Software, A New Post, Forum Software, Free Hosting etc etc.

Is this part of the new Forum set up? If so why are there headings like Online Bachelor Degree, Upgrade My Phone, BUY GOLD AND SILVER?

I click on the small x at the top of this "advert" and the thing goes away only to return when I go to another page on the Forum. Please, if this is part of the new setup kindly take another look at how this operates. Thanks.

Edit> Have clicked on a couple of the items mentioned and they all take me to a site known as Topic Torch and then each one advertises lots of other sites that one can go to. Similar to a Google search.
BB You have spyware on your machine and should run a good antimalware tool to clean it.
Old 2014-04-07 , 12:40
Changes remote batteries hourly

As BB states, he has little understanding so using what we consider common terms and explanations are not going to help him.

@BB - I suggest going to http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php and click on "Free Download".
Then follow the installation instructions and then run it.
Old 2014-04-07 , 15:29
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanj View Post
i would download an install malware anitbytes, and run a scan , 1st off

then , if you want to do the adblock thing, install google chrome, then go to google apps, and search for adblock
Fully agree, get the machine clean and then worry about blocking ads.
Old 2014-04-07 , 16:23
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Fully agree, get the machine clean and then worry about blocking ads.
Also agree 100%.

"Malwarebytes" is an excellent product; cleans where other products fail to penetrate!

I think it's still available for evaluation, for Free! Sorted me out when I had the dreaded Skype virus around 18-months back.

Cheers, K.
Old 2014-04-07 , 16:24
Changes remote batteries hourly

Ad-Aware is well respected and does it all. I haven't heard of Malware Antibytes, do you have a URL Ivan?
I'm not a Google products fan.
Old 2014-04-07 , 16:25
Has to hide the DStv remote from the little one.

https://www.malwarebytes.org
Old 2014-04-07 , 16:30
Forum Queen (gets her subjects to change her remote batteries daily.)
[Dear Twitter: Forum Queen is not a MultiChoice employee.]

You guys are scaring me. I now have mind images of scary virus monsters running around in my computer!