Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > English Premiership 2013-2014

Old 2014-05-05 , 23:19
Changes remote batteries daily

Liverpool should've borrowed one of Jose's DAF Or Scania buses in the second half.

silent witness
Old 2014-05-06 , 07:26

Crystal Palace you beauty. Coming back from 3-0 down is a phenomenal win for any team. Pressure really pushed Liverpool into hopes that MC lose or draw both their last 2 games, personally I cannot see that happening - they play their last 2 games at home and they should win. Lots of tears from the Liverpool players and supporters alike last night

Liverpool just flushed their title hopes
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P

Last edited by Flynn; 2014-05-06 at 07:35. .
Old 2014-05-06 , 10:50
4K, baby!

Hugely disappointing to go from 3 - 0 up with only eleven or so minutes left to play and then end up at 3 - 3. Should never happen in a league of this standard. So from that aspect it's a shocking result.

Palace however, are not a weak team and if the league was taken over the last seven or so games they'd be second on it. So the stats say. Coming away with the one point, although I admit it should have been all three, isn't really all that bad a result. City still need to collect at least four points from their two games to be assured of the title.

Liverpool would only have thrown the league down the toilet so to speak if City only win one and draw one of their remaining games and Liverpool manage to beat Newcastle. Realistically, I cannot see City not picking up the six points from their next two games. Although, obviously, I do hope that they lose one of these two games.

But irrespective of the outcome it's been a very good season for Liverpool and I'm proud of them.
Old 2014-05-06 , 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Hugely disappointing to go from 3 - 0 up with only eleven or so minutes left to play and then end up at 3 - 3. Should never happen in a league of this standard. So from that aspect it's a shocking result.
Sorry BB. You can always contact the support line for counselling. The number is 0860 30 -31 -32 -33

Good luck for the rest of the season!
Old 2014-05-06 , 12:47
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Sorry BB. You can always contact the support line for counselling. The number is 0860 30 -31 -32 -33

Good luck for the rest of the season!
Is this the same number you and your fellow united supporters have been using this season? Fortunately, finishing in the top four was our target for this year and that has been achieved. The league title would have been a very pleasant bonus.
Old 2014-05-06 , 13:20

Quote:
Fortunately, finishing in the top four was our target for this year and that has been achieved. The league title would have been a very pleasant bonus.
I knew this would come out by the Liverpool management, supporters, sponsors, share holders, etc. Teams like Liverpool, MU, MC, Chelsea & Arsenal never ever settle for a top 4 finish at the beginning of any new season, if this is the case, then the manager is kidding himself because share holders and supporters want their team to win the EPL every single year. Liverpool had their best season for sometime by contesting the EPL and it all boiled down to who the succumb to pressure and we all know what happened last night. All is not done yet BB - points is the bag is way better than points to play for, Liverpool can only hope that MC mess up their last 2 games but the EPL title is still up for grabs

MU & Liverpool has a long standing of hatred against each other, be it team mates or supporters. Although Liverpool is playing some good football this season, I do not want Liverpool to win the EPL - their supporters will go on bragging till the cows come home
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2014-05-06 , 15:00

Quote:
Is this the same number you and your fellow united supporters have been using this season? Fortunately, finishing in the top four was our target for this year and that has been achieved. The league title would have been a very pleasant bonus.
No BB, we haven't but the Arsenal fans though have been using
0860 10 - 63 - 61 - 60 especially on a Saturday lunchtime. I'm sure Keith can confirm that
Old 2014-05-06 , 17:15
4K, baby!

Toto, am I missing something with those phone numbers? I'm taking it that those are just random numbers or is there some significance to them?

Flynn, it is true that at the start of a season teams like City, Chelsea, Arsenal and united aim for the title as they have been the sides contesting it for a number of years. Other sides like Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, to mention just three, haven't been in the top four for years and for them the first target is to try and make a top four finish. Winning the league for these teams is something, at the moment, they can only dream about. The aim for Liverpool for this year was to make the step up and get into a Champions League spot. Which they have now done. Having got there this year and even challenging for the title one would now expect that they will do so again next year. So your statement that Liverpool and other teams all challenge for the title will be acceptable insofar as Liverpool are concerned for next season but not this one. (Hope I understood you correctly).

Regarding the "hatred" between Liverpool and united supporters please note that I don't hate any of you and that most of my comments are hopefully not taken that way. Certainly at times I love putting the boot into you poor non European playing supporters but then I also expect nothing less in return. All meant in fun and jest.

Although at times there may be an element of truth in my comments. Such as where are the genuine united supporters at the united home games? Once again when united lose at home the ground is just about empty by the time of the final whistle. Compare this to what happened when Liverpool played Chelsea recently. Liverpool go 2 - 0 down with a minute or two left to play and what do the Liverpool supporters do?
Leave the ground in their droves? NO. They stay and break out into a rousing rendition of "You'll Never Walk Alone". (OK for Chelsea's second goal perhaps Mignolet the Liverpool keeper, may have looked sideways at the singing crowd considering that he was left all alone with two Chelsea attackers approaching him ) Who would you say are the better supporters of the two? united's or Liverpool's.

Oh well season's almost over and it's been fun. Thanks to all who have taken the time to contribute.
Old 2014-05-06 , 17:20

Quote:
Toto, am I missing something with those phone numbers? I'm taking it that those are just random numbers or is there some significance to them?

C'mon BB,

Liverpool

12 from time 3-0 for Liverpool then.... 3-3 final score

Arsenal

Ethiad stadium, Anfield, Stamford bridge. (scores)

Clever, isn't it?
Old 2014-05-08 , 07:35

MC 4-0 Villa

Do the Liverpool faithfuls still hoping for a miracle? Liverpool can just go out on the field on Sunday to make sure that they win, if MC lose, Liverpool will win the EPL but I find this very unlikely, sorry BB but Liverpool will have to wait for another season or so to try to win the EPL

Giggs back to winning ways against Hull City, Giggs gave Vidic a good send off with his speech after the game
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -