Old 2012-12-21 , 11:58
Still gets up to change channels

Default Account Query

Also seriously disappointed with DSTV call center -- long story short bought a new HD PVR for the house because of sticky issues - eventually solved on new decoder because of software upgrade! - wife took "old" decoder to kid's flat in CT - what an issue to set up this system! Eventually decoder set up with full functionality, was even asked if recording function was needed, replied yes. This is where the problem started, no recording facility avalable, also no information on TV guide. To explain this to the operators is an absolute NIGHTMARE, after 3 cell calls made to MC, listening for 20 mins at a stretch to adverts and then another 10 to 15 minutes speaking to a consultant who is not able to rectify the problem, this all done at my expense on my cellphone account, still no recording possible or TV Guide!
Please MC, help in this instance, I cannot stand giving the same information again, rebooting, telling me that my system is being re scanned at your end and will be fixed after 5 minutes -is it possible? -
Please MC we need to be able to record as well as check programs on TV Guide (All Channels).
Smartcard: 4132862568
Charmaine van Heerden
Old 2012-12-21 , 12:09
MultiChoice

Hi there, I've moved your query to the Service Queries section (posting something like this in another thread might mean that your query goes unnoticed as we might not check that thread regularly). I will alert the guys to get in touch with you.
Old 2012-12-21 , 13:35

Thanks, would be fantastic!
Old 2012-12-22 , 10:48

MC, thanks for your help, also thanks to Merv. The installation is in a flat, with a communal feed, only one wire. I never realised that 2 feeds are necesary to be able to record and view the TV guide. Thought it was only to view HD content. Stupidity kicked in big time on this one.
One question, how do I solve the problem without rewiring the whole complex? What if I add a small caravan dish with a second feed? Is it feasable? Any ideas Merv?
Thanks
Old 2012-12-22 , 10:57
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

ah ok, there are many possibilities with a complex setup. One feed in could work depending on how its setup. Check with the chairman or someone else there if they have network settings for the complex, if SDPVRs work on it then you can get the HDPVR to work perfectly, you may just need a splitter but will need some settings to get all channels