Old 2011-11-24 , 16:16
Still listens to the wireless

Default Installation upgrade, will this work?

Hi Everyone.

Time has come to add an additional TV at home. Current setup comprises of a 90cm fibreglass dish, with a dual LNB running into a 2 to 4 splitter leading into a Pace HDPVR and into a FHDLCDTV. I wish to add a second TV with the same functionalilty as the orginal one, so it should be able to view HD programs, record them and playback independently of the other one.

So I will add a new HDPVR, a 2 to 6 splitter and a RF heartbeat cable between the 2 PVR's (is this even needed?). The RF cables from my dish come down into the lounge and will be a mission to move, so I plan to just place the new splitter were the current one is and run new RF cables from the lounge to the new HDPVR in the bedroom (about 15 - 2- metres of coax),will this be an issue, attenuation?

From what I understand, once this is all connected all I need to do is get the second smart card added to my subscription as an Xtraview one and it should work, or am I missing something? I attached a very rough sketch of how it will look.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-11-24 16.14.18 (Medium).jpg (73.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 2011-11-24 , 16:20
Changes remote batteries daily

15m heartbeat cable is OK. You are good to go !

give it all you got today
Old 2011-11-24 , 16:20
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambam View Post
Hi Everyone.

Time has come to add an additional TV at home. Current setup comprises of a 90cm fibreglass dish, with a dual LNB running into a 2 to 4 splitter leading into a Pace HDPVR and into a FHDLCDTV. I wish to add a second TV with the same functionalilty as the orginal one, so it should be able to view HD programs, record them and playback independently of the other one.

So I will add a new HDPVR, a 2 to 6 splitter and a RF heartbeat cable between the 2 PVR's (is this even needed?). The RF cables from my dish come down into the lounge and will be a mission to move, so I plan to just place the new splitter were the current one is and run new RF cables from the lounge to the new HDPVR in the bedroom (about 15 - 2- metres of coax),will this be an issue, attenuation?

From what I understand, once this is all connected all I need to do is get the second smart card added to my subscription as an Xtraview one and it should work, or am I missing something? I attached a very rough sketch of how it will look.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.
I enjoyed your TV been in 16:9 ratio on your drawing.

The Heart beat cable is needed.

Have a look at the Xtraview manual for more help, but that is pretty spot on.

Please make sure you use quality RG6 cable.

G
Old 2011-11-24 , 16:22

Default Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for the quick response guys, half day tomorrow so will see how installation goes :-)
Old 2011-11-24 , 17:56

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not use a multiswitch and am curious to know what the

maximum distance is between a multiswitch and a decoder for the

signal/s to still be within specs?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2011-11-24 , 19:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homealone View Post
I do not use a multiswitch and am curious to know what the

maximum distance is between a multiswitch and a decoder for the

signal/s to still be within specs?
Ellies multiswitches are sold complete with corresponding tailor made coaxial “jumper leads” with F connectors at both ends and that’s what I have and at a quick glance they look like +/- 1meter and they are most ideal

Old 2011-11-24 , 21:18

Will @Rambam's proposed installation with co-ax cables running

from his MS to the decoder in the bedroom 15 to 20m away be OK

as far as attenuation is concerned?
Old 2011-11-25 , 09:03

it will work at that distance

Old 2011-11-25 , 09:07
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homealone View Post
Will @Rambam's proposed installation with co-ax cables running

from his MS to the decoder in the bedroom 15 to 20m away be OK

as far as attenuation is concerned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
it will work at that distance
Provided the signal strength and quality of the LNB/dish is decent and decent quality RG6 cable is used end to end.
G
Old 2011-11-28 , 09:28

Default :-)

Cool, job done, took 5 hours and almost 100M of coax but signal is 100% on both TV's and Xtraview enabled and running! Thanks for the advice all