Old 2011-08-30 , 06:19
Still listens to the wireless

Exclamation Really weird fault ?

I did not do the original install so not sure of how the cabling/connection was done in the restaurant. By the looks of things most of the screens are running video in and not RF. There are two decoders a 1131 and another that I am not sure of but it is a single view. The 1131 is for the kids play area and normally stays on the boomerang channel. If the 1131 is moved one channel up or down from the boomerang channel both decoders go into scan/searching/lost connection mode and stay there. Only once the 1131 is put back on the boomerang channel do both decoders come right and picture is restored.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 2011-08-30 , 07:11
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brains View Post
I did not do the original install so not sure of how the cabling/connection was done in the restaurant. By the looks of things most of the screens are running video in and not RF. There are two decoders a 1131 and another that I am not sure of but it is a single view. The 1131 is for the kids play area and normally stays on the boomerang channel. If the 1131 is moved one channel up or down from the boomerang channel both decoders go into scan/searching/lost connection mode and stay there. Only once the 1131 is put back on the boomerang channel do both decoders come right and picture is restored.

Sounds like you don't have a proper install with a dual LNB feed into a multiswitch and a simple single split. Changing polarity will cause this issue. Your skew angle of the LNB could not be optimum. I would get an installer in to fix.

G
Old 2011-08-30 , 07:54
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by brains View Post

Incorrect install on the antenna side of the decoder is the problem. As Graeme indicates, this needs professional attention as it is a Business installation.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2011-08-30 , 08:07
Changes remote batteries daily

Purely out of interest sake (but still relevant to this thread as if this option is available, it will save him/her/the business money), is Xtraview available to commercial subscribers?
Old 2011-08-30 , 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG View Post
Purely out of interest sake (but still relevant to this thread as if this option is available, it will save him/her/the business money), is Xtraview available to commercial subscribers?
No to Xtraview. IP is though...
Old 2011-08-30 , 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
No to Xtraview. IP is though...
Thanks for the reply.
I'm guessing there is a minimum amount of decoders in a setup for an IP solution to be cost effective, so only two decoders probably won't justify going for it.
Old 2011-08-30 , 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I'm guessing there is a minimum amount of decoders in a setup for an IP solution to be cost effective, so only two decoders probably won't justify going for it.
Restaurants pay per channel per tv so num of decoders don't matter if they doing it above board. Also with audio you have to pay SAMRO royalties and that s based on number of seats....
Old 2011-08-30 , 09:49

@gwalker
Thanks again. I just realised that I know nothing on the subject .

@forum
Sorry for going slightly off topic. Seems like brains's query has been tended to though.
Old 2011-08-30 , 20:17
Still listens to the wireless

Thanks for the help guys, the fault sounds pretty straight forward. My fields are audio/visual and automation and I try to stay away from DSTV/decoders installation but do get "roped" in from time to time.