Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Explora safety net
Old 2017-03-16 , 20:20
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

When I did my first post I mentioned recording conflicts but then did not pursue the issue because I thought that I may have been mistaken as it happened shortly after I got the Explora.

At the time I did change the safety settings to what I was used to on the 2P because the 3-10 made sense to me.

When I started getting conflicting recording notification notices,reading up on event tracking on the Explora I concluded that the 1-1 safety net was to eliminate recording conflicts and I changed back to the original 1-1 settings deleted all the series recording from the list and reprogrammed them again and the conflict notices disappeared.

This morning I changed the settings under settings>user preferences>recording to 3-10 and when I looked at my scheduled recordings saw no conflicts and thought that's it I was mistaken.

In light of my Chicago Med experience I decided to leave the settings at 3-10. When I checked again for conflict a few minutes ago I was surprised to see that Taken was flagged for conflict.

It appears that the 10 minutes safety net of Lethal Weapon cause the conflict with Taken. Changing the settings back to 1-1 did not resolve the conflict, not immediately.
It seem that any changes you make in the settings will only have an effect after a few minutes, like the next time it synchronizes with the EPG or whatever it does.

I deleted both the effected scheduled recordings and reprogramed them and the conflict was still there. While I was still thinking what to do next the conflict resolved itself.
See my screen shot

I seem attachment did not load It may be to large. Will edit and laod again

Last edited by Jan Horn; 2017-03-16 at 20:36. . Reason: attachmnet not loaded
Old 2017-03-16 , 20:34
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Horn View Post
...not immediately. It seem that any changes you make in the settings will only have an effect after a few minutes, like the next time it synchronizes with the EPG or whatever it does.
What is possibly happening there is that visual changes only appear after you exit the listings themselves, just going back to the top tab will do it or exit completely and go back in.
EDIT: But if you weren't adjusting anything in the listings as well afterwards, then maybe it is just some short processing delay that looked longer due to going quickly into the listings and staying there.

I won't comment on the safety nets seeming to cause conflicts, supposedly impossible but this is a bug now so who knows in this case.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-03-16 at 20:49. .
Old 2017-03-16 , 20:35

Ok I see what you mean.

Here is the missing screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg safety net.jpg (773.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Jan Horn; 2017-03-16 at 21:09. .
Old 2017-03-17 , 09:18
Technical Myriad

Dynamic updating of display screens does not take place seamlessly. One has to manually refresh the screens after changes to get the new values to show and that is normally done by exiting the screen and going back. Depending on how busy the processor is, the refresh could be delayed somewhat.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-03-17 , 14:21

Hi Jan Horn,

I have escalated this update.
I will feedback as soon as I can.

Regards,
Mpho
Old 2017-03-17 , 14:44

It is actually GavinWood's thread. I am happy that the standard 1-1 safety net setting work for me with the assistance of event tracking . I only experience a recording problem once since I got the Explora 2A and that was with the Chicago Med recording the other night.