Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > Chicago Med Recording
Old 2017-03-14 , 23:12
Changes remote batteries daily

Default Chicago Med Recording

Please help me understand. I have scheduled a series recording for Chicago Med. Due to some over runs of earlier programs. The starting time for this series was moved from 21:30 to 21:42 and the EPG was amended to reflect the later airing. When the amendment was done Iwould not be able to tell.

Previously I was told and I quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
Hello

Unfortunately, all decoders older than the Explora 'lock in' the start and end times of manual recordings the moment you set them. So when the time was updated, you decoder does not update the time of the recording (the Explora has smart event tracking to follow EPG updates, unfortunately, older decoders did not have this feature).
Since then I have switched to an Explora 2A. So why did the Explora 2A not track the change in the EPG scheduling and started the recording at the appropriate time. It started recording at 21:29 and ended 22:32 62 minutes of recording. It missed the last few minutes and I ended up with an incomplete recording
Old 2017-03-15 , 07:01
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Horn View Post
So why did the Explora 2A not track the change in the EPG scheduling and started the recording at the appropriate time.
I had back up recording set on my Explora and it also did not adjust the recording.
Old 2017-03-15 , 10:30
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Thanks for reporting. We're looking into it now. The times should have automatically adjusted, so I'm not sure what happened here.
Old 2017-03-15 , 14:20

Hello. We think there are two possibilities here:
1. Your decoder missed the update or the time update was not pushed to decoders.
2. Event tracking (automatic time updates) was broken by a recent update for the Explora 2. We're testing this theory now to confirm which is true.
If you encounter any other recording issues please post here.
Regardless of the cause, we apologise for the issue and the inconvenience caused. This episode should be available on Catch-Up so you can still catch the missed part of the recording.
Old 2017-03-15 , 14:47
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

FYI: I don't have an Explora 2.
Old 2017-03-15 , 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
FYI: I don't have an Explora 2.
Ahh, I see, that makes the first possibility more likely.
Old 2017-03-15 , 15:21

I had a look at the EPG after the recording started and I noticed that the program prior to Chicago Med was overrunning the 21:30 starting time for my recording. I saw that the program scheduling for Channel 101 has been altered on the EPG. Stretching my mind back I think the change was because a program some 3 slots back ended about 12 minutes later than I would have expected. My decoder software is on Version 13-2. What worry me is that we are going away for an extended period and we are planning to leave the decoder switched on to record our favorite programs. What you are telling me is that there is a distinct possibility that we will come back and find that some of the recordings will be incomplete and useless to us.
Old 2017-03-15 , 15:35

We certainly hope not, based on what Madcat has noted it looks like it might have been an update problem on the night. Which is quite rare, but we will investigate.
Old 2017-03-16 , 10:47

The update of the EPG was done well in advance. I noticed at the time the end time for My Kitchen rules as 19:42 and the subsequent schedule adjustments but because of event tracking assumed that the Explora would adjust the scheduled time accordingly. I did not check the schedule on the planner before we went out for the evening. The question here is why did it fail to do the adjustment. That is what should be investigated.
Old 2017-03-23 , 19:53

It is going to happen again. One would assume that whoever is responsible for updating the EPG by now know that My kitchen rules are not an hour long but constantly exceeds the time allocated.

For tonight's airing earlier on it showed the My Kitchen Rules end time as 19:33. The I plate later updated the end time to 19:39 but the EPG still show the 19:33.

My Kitchen rules are still on at 19:39. This will effect both he recordings of NCIS Los Angelis and Taken. The recording of NCIS LA started as per the EPG 19:33 schedule. The domino effect will now result I n2 incomplete recordings.

Please get your EPG scheduling for My Kitchen Rules sorted out because you are going to find a very annoyed subscriber when we get back home after our holiday break and find half my scheduled recordings incomplete due to bad EPG information.