Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Now > Remote Recording not possible
Old 2017-02-20 , 20:40
Still gets up to change channels

Default Remote Recording not possible

I am trying to schedule a remote recording:
On DSTV guide/ right click on program/ click on record on explora/goes to DSTV connected services page/click on how to get connected/ click on get connect id/ allready registered/ keeps going back to DSTV connected services page
Outcome: cant set remote record
please advise
explora is connected to internet
remote recording is selected in settings
Old 2017-02-21 , 07:11
MultiChoice

Did you log in on DStv.com using your connect ID? And is your Explora linked into your profile with the correct smartcard number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-02-21 , 07:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Did you log in on DStv.com using your connect ID? And is your Explora linked into your profile with the correct smartcard number?

Yes I am logged in on DStv.com. Dont know what profile you mean. But in My Dstv/manage my viewing/add devices and packages/ the correct information is displayed.
Old 2017-02-21 , 07:44
MultiChoice

Pls send a PM to MC Solomon with your contact details, smartcard number and brief description of the problem. He should be able to assist

Old 2017-02-21 , 08:57
MultiChoice

Pls send the details via Private Message - pls don't post it on this public forum.
Old 2017-03-05 , 13:16
Knows how to use a remote

I have a similar problem, linked both smartcard numbers to connect ID (we have two Exploras), got confirmation emails that this was done successfully. Remote recording and connected services are enabled on the decoder and it is connected to the internet. Yet when trying to record from DSTVNOW on an Iphone there is always a "smartcard error". Just tried from a laptop and (as with the person above) it just takes me a page advertising connected services.

Could this be due to our setup where the second Explora is the one connected to the Internet, the primary one not? This doesn't affect downloading movies etc which work fine on that decoder, so I don't see why it would. Thought we would just get one recording option instead of both decoders.
Old 2017-03-06 , 09:22

I think with remote recording the primary decoder must be connected to internet. These guys at MC dont read these posts properly and when you tell them they go into sulk mode! I got mine working in the end without them but dont know what was wrong!
Old 2017-03-06 , 10:26
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertvanz View Post
I think with remote recording the primary decoder must be connected to internet. These guys at MC dont read these posts properly and when you tell them they go into sulk mode! I got mine working in the end without them but dont know what was wrong!
Ah, ok, thanks. Strange, I thought that if the decoder was capable of downloading movies etc it would be capable of receiving a signal to schedule a download, but I guess the designers didn't allow for this possibility then.
Old 2017-04-11 , 10:03
4K, baby!

While away on holiday I wanted to do a remote recording on my Explora except that I wasn't able to do so. Went to the DSTV NOW app on my tablet, logged in and then to the program I wanted to record, pressed on the red record button but that's as far as it went. I also tried to set a reminder for the same program and was informed that I'd be advised 'x' number of minutes before the show was to be aired. Traveling at the time this reminder was activated I cannot say whether I was given this reminder or not.

Yes, I am connected to the internet via ADSL but I've tried looking to see where, and better still, HOW do I connect my Explora so that I can do remote recordings. On the Explora itself the setting is showing on to allow remote access.

Don't know where I'd be without all the helpful people on these forums.
Old 2017-04-11 , 10:09
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi BB, see this thread from post #3: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=35898

It's focused on remote recording for more than one Explora, but should explain enough detail for one as well :-)