Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2017-02-20 , 13:59
marsman7222 marsman7222 is offline
Still gets up to change channels
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
Angry Account Suspended

Received a message via SMS that my account was Suspended.
Last week same story,SMS that my account was in arrears,told the consultant to take the R87.74 from my Bank Account which they did on the 15th.Now this happens?????? I am really getting very Frustrated about this nonsense,all I did was replace my broken Explora with the new Explora 2.I hope someone can fix this mess.Even my account shows the payment???? 2017-02-14 10:53:41 PM (R87.74)
Account Number : 8178835
THX
Marinus Venter
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2017-02-20 , 14:23
Optimist's Avatar
Optimist Optimist is offline
Changes remote batteries hourly
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: N/E JHB , Orig. Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,483
I needed to write to the Mod for this section, MC Solomon, so have alerted him to your post.


I wonder if some of the Mods also aren't getting the instant notifications like some of us, hopefully the problem is getting resolved as it's been quite a long time.
Or maybe he's in a meeting or something.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2017-02-20 , 14:23
MC Solomon MC Solomon is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 185
we are looking into this.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2017-02-20 , 15:14
Luke7777's Avatar
Luke7777 Luke7777 is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Menlo Park Pretoria
Posts: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I wonder if some of the Mods also aren't getting the instant notifications like some of us, hopefully the problem is getting resolved as it's been quite a long time.
Just had a PM without any email notification as well. If you do get one, just check the sender for me. Was webmaster@multichoice.co.za before, had to add this to my Mweb rules
__________________
Quad LNB Explora switch 5.1
Explora (Primary) Pace 4P HDPVR (Secondary)
Xtraview - decoders same room - 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2017-02-20 at 15:20. .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2017-02-21 , 08:47
MC Lindi's Avatar
MC Lindi MC Lindi is offline
MultiChoice
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I needed to write to the Mod for this section, MC Solomon, so have alerted him to your post.


I wonder if some of the Mods also aren't getting the instant notifications like some of us, hopefully the problem is getting resolved as it's been quite a long time.
Or maybe he's in a meeting or something.
Hi Optimist

I still recieve the email notifications, I just got one this morning. I'll check your settings and let you know.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2017-02-21 , 10:13
Optimist's Avatar
Optimist Optimist is offline
Changes remote batteries hourly
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: N/E JHB , Orig. Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,483
Don't worry about me personally Lindi, thanks, we've determined it's a wide issue affecting many email service providers (and therefore many of us) which is suspected of being internet-policing blocklist (not blacklist) related.
This unavoidably happens at times to a few individuals / companies in our modern complicated society without them having done anything wrong, but something has to be done each time by the "victim", in this case the forum's response email address.
Details are in Email alerts not working

I'm sure @Admin are aware of it, perhaps it's a budget issue with what someone like Spamhaus may charge which I can understand the objection to. There's been many arguments on other security worldwide forums about that.
There are other possible solutions which I'm sure MC will be looking into.

Just my understanding of what is usually involved in this kind of problem, I may be wrong.

Sorry for the derailment of your thread Marsman.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-02-21 at 10:57. . Reason: Tidy up
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2017-02-21 , 10:22
Luke7777's Avatar
Luke7777 Luke7777 is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Menlo Park Pretoria
Posts: 1,411
I've updated that thread, since I'm back to square one again. Also apologizing profusely to Marsman
__________________
Quad LNB Explora switch 5.1
Explora (Primary) Pace 4P HDPVR (Secondary)
Xtraview - decoders same room - 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2017-02-21 , 12:48
Optimist's Avatar
Optimist Optimist is offline
Changes remote batteries hourly
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: N/E JHB , Orig. Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,483
Now fixed
Will continue any further discussion in that dedicated thread for it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2017-02-21 , 13:02
MC Solomon MC Solomon is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman7222 View Post
Received a message via SMS that my account was Suspended.
Last week same story,SMS that my account was in arrears,told the consultant to take the R87.74 from my Bank Account which they did on the 15th.Now this happens?????? I am really getting very Frustrated about this nonsense,all I did was replace my broken Explora with the new Explora 2.I hope someone can fix this mess.Even my account shows the payment???? 2017-02-14 10:53:41 PM (R87.74)
Account Number : 8178835
THX
Marinus Venter
The account provided cannot pull any DStv account on our system. Please provide other details such as ID number or customer number. Send them via a PM
Reply With Quote
Reply
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads  | You may not post replies  | You may not post attachments  | You may not edit your posts
BB code is On  | Smilies are On  | [IMG] code is On  | HTML code is Off
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why is my account suspended? Morne123 Customer service 1 2015-02-25 14:37
Forum user account suspended dolbyd Service Queries 3 2014-05-07 12:27
E19-4 Your account has been suspended broadcom Service Queries 24 2013-09-16 08:52
Xtraview account suspended Jiggy XtraView 0 2013-03-18 16:46