Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > Coronation Street & Emmerdale ITV 123
Old 2017-01-17 , 10:42
Lurks quietly in the background, and changes remote batteries daily

Thumbs down Coronation Street & Emmerdale ITV 123

This is very frustrating as at the end of 2016 the EPG was changed to a different series number for both Emmerdale & Coronation Street I was overseas at the time and imagine my horror when I saw that all the episodes that should have been recorded from 1 Jan 2017 were not there as a result of the change in series number WHY??? this is an ongoing series nothing has changed apart from the fact that I have now missed about 8 episodes of each with NO warning given!!!!!
Old 2017-01-17 , 11:38
Changes remote batteries daily

I also don't understand the need for this but I see M-Net does the same with things like Carte Blanche and soaps like Binnelands on kykNet as well - and these changes don't even happen at the beginning of a new year - they just appear randomly without any warning.
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-01-17 , 15:24
Knows how to use a remote

Hello

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Many channels reset their season numbers at the beginning of the year for continuously airing series (like magazine shows and soaps). From their perspective a 'new season' has begun. We try to avoid this where possible, but (unfortunately) this is the preferred system some channels use. This might be because (perhaps due to contractual reasons) they have to restart episode numbers from 1. If they do this, then the season number must also change because your decoder will not see these as new episodes. Carte Blanche changes its season number in March/April usually because a new contract for a new season is signed at that time. Where possible we try to advertise the change here on the forums and social media.
The 'New seasons' search on the Explora might help alleviate this problem a little as all soaps will come up as new seasons in this search.
Old 2017-01-18 , 11:15
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
Where possible we try to advertise the change here on the forums and social media.
The 'New seasons' search on the Explora might help alleviate this problem a little as all soaps will come up as new seasons in this search.
Thanks for the reply and advice. To be honest, I have never seen that being advertised on the forum though.

For soaps I think this is even more problematic than a show like Carte Blanche since you would need to check the "new season" search almost daily and at least weekly due to the EPG only containing the next week.
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-01-18 , 11:34
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Thanks for the reply and advice. To be honest, I have never seen that being advertised on the forum though.

For soaps I think this is even more problematic than a show like Carte Blanche since you would need to check the "new season" search almost daily and at least weekly due to the EPG only containing the next week.
We generally try to advertise Carte Blanche because it's such an odd time of year. For most other series you can expect this to happen in the first week of the year (e.tv, eNCA, Ignition and ITV do this for some series). You can always tell if a soap or magazine show will be affected based on episode numbers. If the episode number is higher than 300 then it's a safe bet it won't change seasons, e.g. Eastenders is on episode 5418 at the moment, so it's unlikely to change season numbers.

I have suggested a 'season pass' feature to the decoder team which would let you record all seasons of a show, but at present it seems unlikely that they will be able to implement it.