Forum > Value Added Services > BoxOffice > Movies get grainy/pixellated during certain scenes
Old 2016-10-05 , 16:52
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pamela View Post
Hi Ajax, have you tried following the above steps to check signal or strength and quality and is your Catch up working properly?
I cannot perform these steps since I am presently on Easyview.
Probably one of your first customers to enjoy BO on Easyview. Thanks for that, BTW!!

Could you review the procedure for Easyview channels?
Old 2016-12-28 , 15:29
Knows how to use a remote

>> Hi Ajax, have you tried following the above steps to check signal or strength and quality and is your Catch up working properly?

Seems I misunderstood how the BO movies gets downloaded.
I have changed to an Explora with Smart LNB. All tuners showing quality above 90%. Rented Star Trek and quality was perfect.

Since the movies get downloaded from the satellite, and not the internet, there's no control or knowing of any packet loss by the decoder.
Most likely then CU+ downloads should be perfect as they come over the internet.

Made me think, my boss does not mind us using the work's 100 Mbit connection on weekends. Could I take my decoder to work, plug in there and download CU+ content? I suppose it wouldn't work since a satellite connection is needed first to verify the subscription?
Old 2016-12-29 , 09:55
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
I suppose it wouldn't work since a satellite connection is needed first to verify the subscription?
Haven't tried it, but my past experience says you're very likely spot on here. Perhaps worth investing in a portable dish & SLNB for the long term savings

But check first how the work network is firewalled or you could end up disappointed.