Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > EPG error or the new software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2017-05-16 , 11:54
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default EPG error or the new software

We were away from home for 3 weeks Tuesday 18 April to Tuesday 8 May. The Explora 2A was left in standby mode and all the scheduled recordings bar 1 (Epg error) went off perfectly as one would expect. Some would say that it is a miracle. I say well done MC your software functioned as intended.

When the Explora 2A was switch out of standby upon returning home a banner flashed up regarding the software update(too quick to read) and the decoder promptly proceeded to download and install the software update which took around 21 minutes.

I think it is safe to conclude that that the successful recordings of the preceding 3 weeks were all done using the old software.

This morning when checking the scheduled recordings for the day I notice that the recording for Chicago Med show a recording conflict. None of my safety net settings or any other settings has been changed during the week.

Checking the EPG schedules for the period show

Chicago Fire 19:30-20:30
Chicago PD 20:30-21:29
Chicago Med 21:29-22:30
Broadchurch 22:30-23:30

Nothing that can cause a recording schedule conflict. The only change is that the decoder is now running on the new software. I cannot find any reason for the sudden recording conflict as my attached screen shots will show.

With the havoc caused by recording conflicts on the New Binge channel 900 over the weekend I am starting to doubt that it was caused by the EPG but rather lean towards the new software causing the issue. But then I am relatively new to using a Explora and I will leave it up to MC to sort out.

I have posted this in the PVR forum rather than the Broadcasting errors one because I can see no error in the EPG scheduling for the effected period.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Conflict.jpg (350.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Confilct 2.jpg (642.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Conflict 3.jpg (579.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Conflict 4.jpg (463.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Jan Horn; 2017-05-16 at 13:35. . Reason: corrected typo changed Broadschurch 22:39 to 22:30