Forum > Discussions > Discussions > Blade Runner 2049!
Old 2017-09-28 , 13:39
4K, baby!

Default Blade Runner 2049!

Hi Forumites,

I was hoping for a Sci-Fi festival on Box office or Showmax to build up to next Friday, October the 6th. Alas, no; MC has possibly missed a trick?

So, I'll be staying in on Thursday evening to watch the original Blade Runner Movie - The Final Cut (yet again) on Blue Ray and our shiny new S-UHD telly; plus big 5.1 Sound.

Friday, we'll be heading to the Eastgate IMAX for a first night screening of Blade Runner 2049; I just can't wait

Anyone else a big Blade Runner fan?

Cheers, K.
Old 2017-09-28 , 17:21
Changes remote batteries daily

I'm not familiar with the original blade runner movie. But really looking forward to blade runner 2049

Explora
Old 2017-09-28 , 17:31
Changes remote batteries hourly

It's a long time ago (1982) so I'm fuzzy on the detail, but remember it was good.
What I've just read reminded me that it was less about sci-fi special effects and more of a human story.

I think it's a bit off mainstream for a MC involvement, maybe when the new one hits BO they can also offer the original?

Here's a summary which I think may fit the orig. movie best, as a refresher or intro;

In a cyberpunk vision of the future, man has developed the technology to create replicants - artificially created humanoids with short, fixed lifespans - which are illegal on Earth but are used in the off-world colonies. In Los Angeles, 2019, Deckard is a Blade Runner, a cop who specializes in terminating replicants. He is forced to come out of retirement when four replicants escape from an off-world colony and come to Earth.
—Graeme Roy

Please let us know what the new one's like K, thanks!
Old 2017-09-28 , 18:03
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
I'm not familiar with the original blade runner movie. But really looking forward to blade runner 2049
Hi JP, you should really beg, borrow or steal a copy of the original to watch before you go to see 2049. The Blu-Ray remake is one of the best I've seen, but watch it on DVD if you don't have access to the Blu-Ray.

The stories are so interlinked that you will miss out big time if you ignore this advice.

Plus you will get to see an amazing movie that was, decades ahead of its time and made with no digital effects. it still looks amazing today.

Blade Runner is among my top-5 all time favourite movies. I hesitate to rank them but it's right there near/at the top!

Cheers, K.
Old 2017-09-28 , 18:25
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Blade Runner is among my top-5 all time favourite movies. I hesitate to rank them but it's right there near/at the top!
It looks like you're far from alone in that thought, look at this unusually high voter participation and its high rating... MC, how soon can you screen the original?

Blade Runner rating.jpg
Old 2017-09-28 , 21:46

I did check it's not on showmax or Netflix.

Explora
Old 2017-09-28 , 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi JP, you should really beg, borrow or steal a copy of the original to watch before you go to see 2049. The Blu-Ray remake is one of the best I've seen, but watch it on DVD if you don't have access to the Blu-Ray.

The stories are so interlinked that you will miss out big time if you ignore this advice.

Plus you will get to see an amazing movie that was, decades ahead of its time and made with no digital effects. it still looks amazing today.

Cheers, K.
Thanks. Will make a plan

Explora
Old 2017-09-29 , 07:48
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
I did check it's not on showmax or Netflix.
That's why I say MC has seriously missed a trick.

In addition to Blade Runner, it should be showing other Sci-Fi movies directed by Ridley Scott such as Alien, Alien Covenant, Promethius, The Martian; as well other movies in which special effects master Douglas Trumbull was involved, such as 2001, Silent Running, Brainstorm. [edit] Also other movies which included great music by Vangelis; a year of living Dangerously, Chariots of Fire, The Bounty, Missing and many more....

This would not only help to boost the potential viewing audience for BR 2049, but would serve to introduce some younger viewers to classic movies that they may not have seen previously. (" Enriching Lives! " -- I believe MC calls it)
I rest my case.

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-09-29 at 08:45. .
Old 2017-09-29 , 09:20

The original Blade Runner is a good movie, although I watched it recently ahead of the upcoming new movie and there was one scene made me feel rather uncomfortable. It's been long time since I saw the movie, so I can't remember how I reacted to previously, but it just didn't sit right with me this time around.

Old 2017-09-29 , 10:25
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

The only thing I like about Blade was the Rutger Hauer epilogue Tears in Rain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk