Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Explora not responding to remote!!!
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:14
Still listens to the wireless

Angry Explora not responding to remote!!!

My explora does not respond to my remote, so I checked batteries, no. Then I bought a new explora remote, also nothing, changed between all three settings, nothing.

Called multichoice, they said take the decoder in to a agency, so I did, to Centurion mall's agency. They did exactly the same as I did, and nothing, the guy said I must pay R600 for a REPAIRED unit, because my unit just fell outside the warranty period (how convenient). I asked why can't you repair my unit, no we don't work like that!!!

I assume it is just the sensor on the board that is faulty, and nobody seems to be able to help, everything works fine, I can change channels on the decoder, but can't do anything with the remote, and that is basically everything.

So what must I do, I have no other choice but to cancel my membership as I can't use what I am paying for???

Regards,

Jacques
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:32
MultiChoice

Hi there - I've moved your thread to the PVR section of the Forum. MC Fathima and team might be able to assist.
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:35
Technical Myriad

Do you have a second decoder connected in XV by any chance or do you have a tvLINK handy?

If so try and get into the decoder with a tvLINK connected to the back of the decoder on the RF OUT port. The problem is going to be power to the tvLINK hence the need for a second decoder (old one, anyone).
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Do you have a second decoder connected in XV by any chance or do you have a tvLINK handy?

If so try and get into the decoder with a tvLINK connected to the back of the decoder on the RF OUT port. The problem is going to be power to the tvLINK hence the need for a second decoder (old one, anyone).
I don't have XV unfortunately. tvLinkl? Please explain a bit more, sorry if I am not too tech savvy...
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:43
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oosie83 View Post
I don't have XV unfortunately. tvLinkl? Please explain a bit more, sorry if I am not too tech savvy...
Okay, do you have an older HD PVR or one of the 11xx series of decoders available?

A tvLINK eye is an external IR sensor that allows remote "control" of the decoders from a location remote from where the Explora is installed.

The other thing to try is to use the front panel procedure to get the Explora back to factory defaults, and try again to access the decoder. Any odd settings that may have happened should then clear. If this fails, you are between a rock and a hard place.

I do not know what the factory rest process for the Explora is but I am sure someone on the forum will respond.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2015-12-04 at 10:58. .
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:45

Quote:
Okay, do you have an older HD PVR or one of the 11xx series of decoders available?

A tvLINK eye is an external IR sensor that allows remote "control" of the decoders form a location remote form where the Explora is installed.
Ahh yes I do have one of those Ellies IR systems, but not an additional PVR.
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:49
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oosie83 View Post
Ahh yes I do have one of those Ellies IR systems, but not an additional PVR.

This is a wild card idea, but plug the tv eye into the back of the decoder on the RF OUT port and see if the eye powers up If it does it should be able to allow remote commands in. If it does not we are stuck with this idea, and the only remaining thing to try is the reset to factory defaults.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2015-12-04 at 10:52. .
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:51

Quote:
This is a wild card idea, but plug the tv eye into the back of the decoder on the RF OUT port and see if the eye powers up If it does it should be able to allow remote commands in. If it does not we are stuck with this idea, and the only remain thing to try is the reset to factory defaults.
Ok will try this tonight and let you know, thank you very much!!!
Old 2015-12-04 , 10:53
MultiChoice

Does the colon blink on the front panel when you presses any keys from the remote? If it does blink then it means that the IR signal is received by the front panel but does not respond.
If it doesn’t blink then the front panel IR receiver is faulty.
Old 2015-12-04 , 13:22
Changes remote batteries hourly

@Fathima - I've searched the forum, can't find instructions for doing a factory defaults reset on the Explora's front panel - I presume it's possible?

Even though it may not end up being needed here, please could you post any such instructions for future reference, or maybe send them to me by PM? Thanks