Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Football confirmed to 2011/2012 season?
Old 2011-07-04 , 14:33
Still listens to the wireless

Question Football confirmed to 2011/2012 season?

Hi to all Supersport stuff!
Since i'm going to be a DSTV Client, i'm very happy to know that i will count with your services in 10 channels( SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4, SS5, SS6, SS7, SS10, SS Máximo and SS Máximo 2)!
So...i'm a football fan since i was a kid(4 years-old), and i wanna know what football leagues you have rights for this season, and how many games your channels will show live per matchday/fixture?
And about the European Cups, how many live games per matchday in UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League? The third-round and knock-out eliminations too? Will we have some games for the Portuguese teams like Porto(my club) and Benfica in these European Cups?
Sorry about asking many questions, thanks in advance, i will wait for your answers!
P.S: Sorry about the English, if i made some mistake, i'm trying to do my best!

Alípio Fernandes
Maputo, Mozambique
Old 2011-07-04 , 18:08
Knows how to use a remote

An answer to your question will be huge, first visit the supersport.com website and follow the TV Guide on the website this will tell you what live matches are on a week or so in advance but basically SS has the rights to every top flight European league plus the Brazilian League and expect all the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League to be shown.
Old 2011-07-04 , 18:39

Hi, i already saw the tv guide, showing the schedule for the next 15 days... what i'm searching here is a confirmation of what events are scheduled and the number of games...just to have a ideia!
But thank you for your answer, any additional information are welcome, and i hope more questions will be answered as well!

Alípio Fernandes
Maputo, Mozambique
Old 2011-07-04 , 21:43
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

UEFA details - http://www.uefa.com/uefa/events/tv/n...d=1623546.html

Bundesliga - http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/new...p?f=147327.php

Last edited by mm001; 2011-07-04 at 21:45. .
Old 2011-07-05 , 09:51
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipio_fernandes View Post
Hi, i already saw the tv guide, showing the schedule for the next 15 days... what i'm searching here is a confirmation of what events are scheduled and the number of games...just to have a ideia!
But thank you for your answer, any additional information are welcome, and i hope more questions will be answered as well!

Alípio Fernandes
Maputo, Mozambique
You probably have to ask on the DSTV Africa website since it will not be the same here in South Africa. We don't even have a SS10 or SS Maximo 2.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2011-07-05 , 17:31
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:

Alípio Fernandes
Maputo, Mozambique
Its to early for matches to be confirmed most leagues in Europe kick off in August so maybe the middle to end of July you can start getting confirmation of games that SS will broadcast
Old 2011-07-05 , 18:13

Hi to all who gave some answers, thank you for the info, now i got some ideas and will wait for August, time that i hope to have some detailed and consistent information about the games!
Until that, time to relax!
And i also tried the DSTV Africa Website, but i can't found even a forum, so i came here!
Anyone can tell me about the differences between the SA Supersport channels and the SS channels from other Africa Countries?
Thanks in advance!

Alípio Fernandes
Maputo, Mozambique
Old 2011-07-06 , 10:23
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Anyone can tell me about the differences between the SA Supersport channels and the SS channels from other Africa Countries?
MC will have to explain in more detail but they buy rights for specific countries so if we see it in SA it does not automatically mean you will see it in Mozambique and vice versa. This applies to sport and other programs and even complete channels. The MC guys in the SA forums are never able to answr questions about the rest of Africa - they do not work with that and always just refer people to the DSTV Africa site.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2011-07-06 , 12:16
SuperSport

Hi Alipio

Welcome to the DStv family.
SuperSport has rights to the following international leagues:
English Premier League
German Bundesliga
Spanish La liga
French Ligue 1
Uefa Champions League including the playoffs
Uefa Europa League

How many matches per matchday do we broadcast: This depends on a variety of factors such as channel availability and the amount of games given to us by the host broadcaster, so I dont have a definite answer for you for this questions.

Yes we do broadcast Portugese times like Porto and Benfica if they are in the Uefa competitions. Don't miss Porto against Barcelona in the Uefa Super Cup
Friday 26 August 2011
Barcelona vs. Porto:
SS3 / SS3A /SS3N /SS10 / Maximo (8:30pm CAT)

Regards,
MC Sandile
Old 2011-07-06 , 21:11

Hi, MC Sandile, i'm very happy about your answer and must say ''thank you'' for this explanation, now i'm happy and for sure will be in the DStv family soon!

And yes, there's my Porto against the best club in the world actually, great game, i've already make a note for myself about the date, time, and of course, the channels that will show the match!

Best Regards

Alípio Fernandes
Maputo, Mozambique