Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Football in HD Next Season

Old 2011-05-23 , 13:34
Changes remote batteries daily

Default Football in HD Next Season

I have a couple of suggestions\queries to SSHD.

Bundesliga
==========

Can you start requesting specific Bundesliga matches to be available in HD? This past season we didn't get to watch the very best teams play each other and I understand that the provider made only certain matches available in HD but I don't think that really works well. Could you maybe work out something like La Liga where we know Barca and Real matches are always in HD.

LA LIGA
=======
Speaking of La Liga. Is it going to remain Barca and Real only? I know Sky Sports HD broadcasts other matches in HD as well.

Carling Cup
===========

Is this cup going to be available in HD

UEFA CL
========

Is it confirmed that we will be having 2 live matches per matchday night?

Regards
Toto
Old 2011-05-31 , 16:59
SuperSport

Arrow

Hi Toto

To answer your questions...

Bundesliga - we can't requst games unfortunately. The supplier supplies numerous broadcasters around the world and can't possibly accommodate the individual requests

La Liga - for now it'll be Real & Barca only until such time as we have more incoming lines and channels to show some of the other matches.

Carling Cup - will depend on whether the Host Broadcaster produces in HD, whether the signal is availabe in HD (because not all HD produced games are always available) as well as available incoming lines and channels.

Champions League - most probably, but will confirm closer to the the start of the competition

Thanks
Brenda
Old 2011-05-31 , 19:09

Regarding the Bundelisga, I find it hard to believe that only a handful of matches in such a big league are produced in HD. I would imagine all matches are indeed available in HD but it is either SS's supplier that doesn't get all of them in HD or SS that can't afford a bigger package where everything is available in HD.

And regarding La Liga,why not a second live match in HD when Real play Barca. If it's about incoming lines, then I presume you can afford two matches per matchday so when Barca play Real there should be space for maybe Villareal vs Valencia for e.g.

With the past season we had around Europe, I can't wait for next season and you can imagine how much I want to have as many options as possible in HD.

P.S. Please bring back the Serie A as well

Regards

Last edited by Toto; 2011-05-31 at 19:39. .
Old 2011-06-08 , 10:01

I have a suggestion for SS HD. Can you guys start putting together a Football Highlights show every Monday night of every single HD game shown over the week-end across europe (and PSL when available). I'm talking about 5 to 10 min Highlights per match. This will allow the viewers to catch the H\Lights of the games they missed. An 1hr format will be perfect something like Goalissimo.

Surely this should be possible?
Old 2011-06-10 , 12:29

Hi Brenda,

I know you always keep us in the loop regarding HD coverage of some events but you understandbly play safe and make announcements closer to the time. So in anticipation, allow me to ask a couple of questions:

Are there any indications that we could be getting the following in HD this upcoming season :

1. UEFA champs league draws (throughout the season)
2. UEFA Super Cup ( Barca vs Porto) - August 11
3. UEFA champions league magazines (throughout the season)
4. Spanish Super Cup (Barca vs Real)- August 11
5. Fifa Club World Cup

Besides, will there be additions of new competitions in HD next season with SS getting the second HD channel only in April this year. I know SS relies on different suppliers who don't always guarantee but I'd like to know if SS is maybe pursuing of couple deals to make things more exciting. If so can u intimate us with some?

Regards
Toto

P.S. What do u think of the suggestion I brought in my previous post on this thread regarding an H-Light package

Last edited by Toto; 2011-06-10 at 12:31. .
Old 2011-06-10 , 12:51
SuperSport

Arrow

Hi Toto

Answers below:

1. UEFA champs league draws (throughout the season) - Yes
2. UEFA Super Cup ( Barca vs Porto) - August 11 - Probably, but don't have confirmation
3. UEFA champions league magazines (throughout the season) - Yes
4. Spanish Super Cup (Barca vs Real)- August 11 - Probably, but don't have confirmation
5. Fifa Club World Cup - Doubtful, but will be able to to confirm closer to the time

Some suppliers only offer an HD feed a week or so before the event, hence the reason some events only get onto the schedule the week of.

With regards to getting additional football competitions... none at the moment that I'm aware of. Channel and Line space is still limited.

Your suggestion on a highlights package has been forwarded to our Production department.

Thanks
Brenda
Old 2011-06-10 , 15:55

Last season was my first full HD season and I enjoyed it a lot and I hope we can manage to get as much interesting competitions as possible within SS's current satellite constraints. Looking at the fact, the Eufa Super Cup is played on the same day as the first Champs league draw in Monaco maybe that's a good indication that it will be available in HD...

Please post the Bundelisga fixtures as soon as you receive them. It's starting early next season on the 5th of August.
Old 2011-06-17 , 18:29

A plea to SS, please I've just confirmed that all Bundelisga games are available in HD. Right now in Europe, they r talking 3D. HD is not big news anymore, so pls try and see if u can get more more intersting teams available in HD from the suplliers... Just imagine, if the EPL channel showed games like Stoke City vs Blackpool while Chelsea vs Arsenal was on?

If you could change the package, please do. That's the only way to make the league popular. Like u guys do with La Liga.Teams like Bayern or Dortmund play attractive football and should get HD priority .Surely there must be customized packages available by your supplier?

Last edited by Toto; 2011-06-17 at 18:36. .
Old 2011-06-20 , 08:51
SuperSport

Arrow

Hi Toto

We unfortunately don't have a say in what the suppliers send us. I'm sure I've responded to this before. I can imagine it sounds untrue, but hey have numerous takers around the world. They can't possibly customise packages for individual territories. Also, please remember that just because something is produced in HD, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is available to us in HD, e.g. ATP 500 etc (discussions had before). We bring you the absolute best we can, but quite often our hands are tied.

Thanks
Brenda
Old 2011-06-20 , 11:21

I hear you Brenda even though it is difficult to swallow but I get the point the Suppliers make the call and I must say their choices have not always been the best and possibly their hands are tied as well I imagine. One wonders though how SS gets the best of the EPL. We seem to have better relationships with England?

Speaking of European leagues. Do you have anything to get us excited and anticatipating such as fixtures coming up? At this point even a starting date would do . You've just been too quiet and I know you probably dont want to raise expectations especially with HD feeds being confirmed late as previously advised.