Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Nick show titles in other languages?
Old 2011-03-27 , 10:29
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Nick show titles in other languages?

Recently while I was watching Nick I noticed that some of the shows like penguins of madagascar and victorius are in English and have English names, but when the show starts, the writing in the shows are in other languages, I would guess its Dutch or something.

Like last night I was watching victorius, and where they had english text on the phone in the first 1-3 reruns of the show, they now have it in Dutch, same with penguins and a few other shows. Why do they use a different language with this rerun?
Old 2011-03-29 , 18:24

Ok, now the adverts are also in other languages! IS this channel going to be removed or something? Because the only reason I can see for so much Dutch content is to make people stop watching it to remove it? Or is there a problem that MC should look into? It really is getting annoying
Old 2011-04-01 , 09:21
MultiChoice

Apologies for only responding now - the channel let us know on Wednesday only that they had a problem where they pushed the wrong feed to us. If I recall, it was the Polish feed. But gave us every reassurance that it is now fixed.
Old 2011-04-05 , 12:03

It was not only on wednesday, that was only the first time someone complained about it. It had that language on a few times now, where the voices in the show is english and everything else is Polish, like the titles and if something is writin in the show etc
Old 2011-04-07 , 08:38
MultiChoice

@Syphlex - I've opened the thread again to post an apology to you. It seems that the folks at Nickelodeon actually informed us of this technical issue they were having on Tuesday morning, 29 March. Unfortunately the message did not reach me until Thursday but the channel made every effort to let us know that they were experiencing some difficulties and were working hard at correcting them. Apparently it was not the incorrect feed but a technical issue that caused Polish adverts to be inserted into the correct, South African feed.

Apologies for the inaccurate and late notification. Nickelodeon are very committed to ensuring that they deliver the best possible service to their viewers at all times.
Old 2011-04-08 , 12:10

Thank you, I'll except that. But I am just going to say that it has been going on for more than a month..... Did they only notice it now? Do they need a new compotent channel manager? I sure I can find one for them in the primary school in our town