Old 2010-10-21 , 11:16
Still listens to the wireless

Question Front Panel not picking up remote

Disable the front panel of my SD PVR as it was part of an Xtraview system with a HD-PVR. Problem is that now that I try to enable it again, it doesn't pick up anything from any of the remotes I have. Please help, a wonderful decoder is going to waste
Old 2010-10-21 , 14:18
Changes remote batteries daily

Hi and welcome to the forum.

When the HDPVR first launched and you wanted to use the HDPVR and SDPVR together, you had to disable the SDPVR's remote sensor by pressing P+ and P- together on the front panel. I assume doing it again will enable it again (?).

This was addressed in subsequent software releases, so this is no longer an issue.

Try/check the following:
- Try enabling the remote sensor again by pressing P+ & P- simultaneously on the SDPVR front panel
- Check that the SDPVR has the latest software on it (navigate via the front panel buttons)
- Make sure the remote is set to either 1A / 1B / 1C or 1D
- Check the remote setting (under Xtraview menu) on the SDPVR. If it is set to respond to the SDPVR remote only, the HDPVR remote won't work on it.

Report back and we'll take it from there.

Worst case scenario, you can install a TV link behind it and control it from that (if there is a hardware problem with the SDPVR).
Old 2010-10-21 , 14:23
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGpta View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum.

When the HDPVR first launched and you wanted to use the HDPVR and SDPVR together, you had to disable the SDPVR's remote sensor by pressing P+ and P- together on the front panel. I assume doing it again will enable it again (?).

This was addressed in subsequent software releases, so this is no longer an issue.

Try/check the following:
- Try enabling the remote sensor again by pressing P+ & P- simultaneously on the SDPVR front panel
- Check that the SDPVR has the latest software on it (navigate via the front panel buttons)
- Make sure the remote is set to either 1A / 1B / 1C or 1D
- Check the remote setting (under Xtraview menu) on the SDPVR. If it is set to respond to the SDPVR remote only, the HDPVR remote won't work on it.

Report back and we'll take it from there.

Worst case scenario, you can install a TV link behind it and control it from that (if there is a hardware problem with the SDPVR).
A factory default may also work.
Old 2010-10-21 , 16:22
Technical Myriad

Always thought that was a crazy work around and I never implemented it - instead I taped up the sensor until one was able to set the SD decoder to detect "sd remotes only"

Last edited by Geoff D; 2010-10-22 at 08:03. .
Old 2010-10-21 , 16:41
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Always thought that was a crzy worrk around and I never implemented it - instead I taped up the sensor until one was able to set the SD decoder to detec "sd remotes only"
If I remember correctly if you disabled it. Sometime or other it would be enabled again.
I think with a software upgrade or a reboot.