Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > SDPVR Box Office
Old 2017-12-12 , 21:43
Knows how to use a remote

Angry SDPVR Box Office

A few weeks ago we rented from Box office the decoder immediately rebooted after completion of the transaction. After reboot my daughter began viewing the movie approximately 30% into the movie another reboot. After the reboot Box Office only had a single title our movie but it could not be accessed. Next day when Box Office eventually had all titles displayed the movie again rebooted with the same problems. We were advised that if MC could not resolve the problem immediately we would be contacted in 48 hours (must have been 48 days cause we were not contacted. My daughter decided to try Box Office on Sunday because no Sunday night movie only Trevor Noah. The process as described above was repeated so now Box Office is also unavailable on SDPVR and it has cost us R70 to get nothing in return.
Multichoice very disappointing but not unexpected after the last few months of service
Old 2017-12-12 , 23:01
Changes remote batteries hourly

Not sure if you'll get a response here, all BO issues are handled in that specific forum section - here's a link: Box Office
Old 2017-12-13 , 05:39
MultiChoice

Hi there, pls PM your details to MC Kenneth so he can get someone to assist to sort this out
Old 2017-12-13 , 18:19

This is more to do about my SDPVR do not really care about the R70 just prepared to ignore Box Office. Just another experience to add to the many over the past few months. So thank you MC not really interested just another reboot environment and the reboots just keep on coming. Sort out the reboots and I gladly lose the R70. I was just reporting the incident.
Old 2017-12-13 , 18:44
Technical Myriad

Unfortunately, there is no sign of MC doing anything about the negative impact that the CAS system is having on all decoders. The impact is worst on the SD PVR.

So get hold of the persons in MC to get your money back, and then stop using BO on the SD PVR. The next item you will have difficulty with is CU access. Both of these are affected directly by the authentication process. But, further, both DEPEND entirely on a stable connection to the LNB, which is compromised since this problem started.

You could go to the lengths have by using another decoder to maintain power for the LNB and a MS.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2017-12-16 , 09:12

Thanks Geoff I have taken note of all your comments on the subject I have just got to the point of total frustration with MC and their service I have already taken steps to change to NTV and will terminate my association with MC after 30 years mainly due to their bad choice of Explora and treatment of SDPVR subscribers. Candidly I find their programming has also dropped in quality sport in particular. I can get better quality programming and sport for R240/pm. Thanks for assistance such as 'single frequency' and others that have kept my SDPVR running slightly better.