Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Remote Controls > HDPVR/X-Tra view TV-Link Magic Eye remote
Old 2010-11-05 , 09:18
Still listens to the wireless

Default HDPVR/X-Tra view TV-Link Magic Eye remote

Hello. I've got an HDPVR with X-Tra view, set-up with (I think!) the TV-link magic eye remote controls (ie, that plug into the aerial feed in the remote set), where 'TV1' controls the one decoder and 'TV2' the other. Everything was working fine until the other day when an unrelated glitch on the output frequency to the remote TV resulted in my apparently inadvertently changing some setting / settings (through the remote controls) that have resulted in the following current status:

HDPVR (primary decoder on the main TV screen): remote works perfectly, designated on the remote as 'TV1'
X-Tra View: remote works perfectly on the secondary TV set, designated on the remote also as 'TV1'
HDPVR: used to work on the remote set, designated as 'TV2', but now doesn't work at all.

There has been no interference at all with the wiring but lots of 'fiddling / pressing buttons' on the remote controls. The 'magic eye' remotes were professionally installed for me and so I am not aware of any technical nuances aorund their installation. I'm hoping that what needs doing now is a simple 'button press' to undo something I mistakenly changed.

Can you help?
Old 2010-11-05 , 10:23
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roolus View Post
Hello. I've got an HDPVR with X-Tra view, set-up with (I think!) the TV-link magic eye remote controls (ie, that plug into the aerial feed in the remote set), where 'TV1' controls the one decoder and 'TV2' the other. Everything was working fine until the other day when an unrelated glitch on the output frequency to the remote TV resulted in my apparently inadvertently changing some setting / settings (through the remote controls) that have resulted in the following current status:

HDPVR (primary decoder on the main TV screen): remote works perfectly, designated on the remote as 'TV1'
X-Tra View: remote works perfectly on the secondary TV set, designated on the remote also as 'TV1'
HDPVR: used to work on the remote set, designated as 'TV2', but now doesn't work at all.

There has been no interference at all with the wiring but lots of 'fiddling / pressing buttons' on the remote controls. The 'magic eye' remotes were professionally installed for me and so I am not aware of any technical nuances aorund their installation. I'm hoping that what needs doing now is a simple 'button press' to undo something I mistakenly changed.

Can you help?
Welcome to the forum.
You don't indicate your setup and if using RF-Out or RF In etc.

I would suggest a read of the Xtraview manual found here:
http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=3919
The manual has the various options for different setups.

G
Old 2010-11-07 , 21:01
Still listens to the wireless

Many thanks. Sorted!
Tags
hdpvr, magic eye, remote control