Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > HD PVR-Channel changes with DENON AVR remote
Old 2012-11-28 , 19:34
Still listens to the wireless

Exclamation HD PVR-Channel changes with DENON AVR remote

I have had installed last week, by a professional, a new HD PVR with Samsung LED TV. My existing DENON 1908 AVR has been working perfectly with the old SD PVR for a few years. Now with the new installation I have the following problems when using the DENON remote volume control:

1 Vol UP: Error message appears on TV "E37 Channel is not available...........
2 Vol DOWN: HD PVR changes the selected/viewing tv channel to another arbitary one.

Conclusion: The frequency of the new HD PVR is too close to that of the DENON that has been universally licenced for many years.

DSTV - what is the solution?
Old 2012-11-28 , 20:31
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

As a temp solution if you have an A3 DSTV remote... use volume relay & control your amps volume with the DSTV remote
Old 2012-11-28 , 21:42
Still listens to the wireless

Thanks for that, but the HD PVR remote does not work for the TV as the HDMI from HD PVR is direct into DENON-only DENON remote VOL works. Anyway, it's a final solution that I am expecting from DSTV. Does the other HD PVR - the 2U version work on a different frequency, as that may be the solution (if DSTV agree to swap at no cost)?
Tags
denon, error message, hd pvr 2p, remote control