Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Different channels with different volume
Old 2009-06-10 , 12:41
Still gets up to change channels

Default Different channels with different volume

Why is it that channels 103 and 170 have a much softer volume than all other channels? It is rather annoying for me (and my neighbours) when changing from 170 to another channel and the volume is just about twice as loud!

Is this a known error, and if so, is something being done about it? On one of the standard decoders (I think 1110), there is volume control for each channel in the settings - can this not be done for the HD and SD PVRs?
Old 2009-06-10 , 12:56
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD viewer View Post
Why is it that channels 103 and 170 have a much softer volume than all other channels? It is rather annoying for me (and my neighbours) when changing from 170 to another channel and the volume is just about twice as loud!

Is this a known error, and if so, is something being done about it? On one of the standard decoders (I think 1110), there is volume control for each channel in the settings - can this not be done for the HD and SD PVRs?
Yes it is a known error, check out the stickies
NO it should not be like that, but what the cause is is not clear.
NO 103 was never this bad before it is a new development.

What is LIKELY is that it is a simple issue at the head end where for some reason the audio levels are not being set correctly, but there is a possibility that the decoder s/w is not correctly decoding the values, but gthen one would think ALL channels would be affected.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2009-06-10 , 20:20
Knows how to use a remote

Yes, can we PLEASE get all channels on the same audio levels. Thanks guys!!
Old 2009-07-23 , 08:45
Still listens to the wireless

When can we expect a fix ? Surely the software could have been upgraded to sort this problem. Is is actually being attended to, or just ignored ??