Forum > Content > General > Arrow, The Flash And Super Girl
Old 2017-10-12 , 20:35
Changes remote batteries daily

You are right arrow has been express for the past 3 years. Same with flash and the remaining

Explora
Old 2017-10-12 , 20:45
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Thanks JeanP.. Now we have to wait three months extra

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Old 2017-10-13 , 07:59

Some will not want to wait months for new seasons to eventually start showing here. That was the reason behind Express, but with these shows having crossover(s) I can understand the scheduling issues. I might not like it, but I will have to live with it
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2017-10-13 at 08:01. .
Old 2017-10-13 , 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Some will not want to wait months for new seasons to eventually start showing here. That was the reason behind Express, but with these shows having crossover(s) I can understand the scheduling issues. I might not like it, but I will have to live with it
Although because of the crossovers, not having these shows Express might make things more complicated, as they're still going to have to take into account all the production breaks in order to ensure that all four of them remain in sync. They can't simply start broadcasting them with the intention of showing the entire season uninterrupted as that could lead to problems.
Old 2017-10-13 , 10:20

Express had its own local problems. I see the issue and the complexity of it all. And that some people complained about it

But IMO we are fresh and right there in the middle of the action. I'm not saying do express or take it away.

However if we can get it within a month to 6weeks of air date then breaks will be more managed. And we will still be in the middle of it.

Now we are in a state of unpredictability. Regarding when the new season are returning.

Anyway as always can't please everyone all the time

Explora
Old 2017-10-13 , 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
However if we can get it within a month to 6weeks of air date then breaks will be more managed.
That's the most important aspect of these shows for me. I'm not particularly bothered whether something's Express or not, so I don't mind just when we get them (although I'd prefer that they put them on at a sensible time). It's just in this case that the shows need to remain in sync and I'm a little worried that M-Net might not do this in their enthusiasm to do away with production breaks.
Old 2017-10-14 , 15:23
Knows how to use a remote

Confirmed by dstv care, all of them will show at 17:00.

DStv Care @DStvCare

The Flash - 09-Jan-18 at 17:00 and Arrow- 11-Jan-18 at 17:00. All will be on M-net channel 101...

Johann
Old 2017-10-14 , 16:04

What can I say ? ^^^^
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-10-15 , 07:42
Changes remote batteries hourly

You missed this one, also being queried - Supergirl 08-Jan-18 at 17:00.

(I've learnt I can read Twitter without joining it - google "twitter dstvcare" and then use their search facility.)

I can understand some being upset by the odd early times, those without any or enough PVRs, but isn't it otherwise a more convenient time to do recordings as it's less likely there will be clashes?
Old 2017-10-15 , 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
You missed this one, also being queried - Supergirl 08-Jan-18 at 17:00.
And presumably this means that Legends of Tomorrow will start on the 10th.

Quote:
I can understand some being upset by the odd early times, those without any or enough PVRs, but isn't it otherwise a more convenient time to do recordings as it's less likely there will be clashes?
I have two issues with the decision to put the shows on at that time. The first relates to M-Net being short of space already with the channel merge, and they've exacerbated it by moving four shows that were on Vuzu Amp to M-Net. If anything, shows should be moving in the other direction because of the space issues.

The other is that it's just another instance of making it difficult to watch TV live. We've already seen new content being broadcast at crazy times like 1:30 in the morning, and just this week Mr. Robot started on Showmax without having first been on M-Net. Things like PVR recordings and Catch Up are supposed to be an additional way of watching TV, not the only practical way, so that increasingly being the case points to things not being run properly.

Which I'll admit is perhaps a little unfair as I do know that MC/DStv are faced with numerous challenges, which don't always have easy solutions. But all I can really do is comment on the scheduling decisions that are the end result of dealing with those challenges, and some of them just don't come across as particularly good decisions.