Forum > Discussions > Discussions > DStv vs Other Options (Why I came back to DStv)
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2016-07-31 , 14:45
Knows how to use a remote

Default DStv vs Other Options (Why I came back to DStv)

Hi All,

I have got to be honest for almost 6 months I tried other options instead of MultiChoice because it was "cheaper"

*Note I have a 40mb VDSL Line*

Netflix -Which worked well until they made changing regions a hassle.
Online Sport Streaming -One word this is rubbish, constant buffering and dealing with dodgy sites and ads.
Android Media Players -This are interesting little devices but, slow, more buffering and damn things freeze.
Downloading -Don't even go there. I don't do this and won't, even my music is legally streamed.

After 6 months of struggling I went ahead and switched on my Explora with Premium+Extra View+Showmax+BoxOffice

Is it expensive, it is but

a) I can watch DSTV in HD (Sports and Movies at least)
b) I have Catch Up and Live Streaming
c) Content is there and easily accessible =heck I can even pre download Catch Up content onto my Explora.
d) No calls from Wife on how the entertainment isn't working

If I take into account what I am getting as well as the quality DSTV is very much worth it. Even right now I have my two TV's playing and I'm in the bedroom streaming SS1.

I have made up my mind and decided DSTV this time I am keeping you on and making sure I make use of everything! That way it is great value for money.