Forum > Content > Sport > World Cricket
Old 2018-01-16 , 11:17
4K, baby!

I'm almost sure there has been Durban test matches that started at 09H00 or 09H30 (and if overs are lost they often also start earlier) so I don't believe their is any regulation guiding this. I think the India CT test this year only started at 10H30. And now that we have day-night test matches a match should (in theory) be able to start at any given time.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2018-01-16 , 19:46
Changes remote batteries hourly.

OK so I am a miserable OLD GIT and feel that there is just about no excuse for the slow over rates. Weather permitting of course.

Umpires need to step in and start telling players, or the captain, to get a move on. Why do batsmen particularly need to have a change of gloves, water, a wipe down at the end of every over? If not every over then perhaps every second one. Although maybe only delaying the match by a couple of seconds each time, over a period of 8 hours these "small" delays add up.

Speed up play during the allotted hours and there won't be any problems with late finishes. Not forgetting the short changing of the spectators who are NOT getting what they are paying for. In test matches that's 90 overs a day.

Totally ridiculous what is happening these days and I don't think the blame should be on the light. Sometimes yes but not always.
Old 2018-01-17 , 09:34
Changes remote batteries daily

I have to agree with you on that. Yesterday we lost something like 10 overs even after going half an hour beyond the scheduled close of play. So I think the ICC needs to address it.

Obviously there are things that can contribute to slow over rates, but it's not difficult to start keeping track of how many overs were bowled in an hour and what resulted in the team not getting through the required 15 overs. Once they've got an idea as to what teams are doing to slow things they can start cracking down.
Old 2018-01-17 , 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
I have to agree with you on that. Yesterday we lost something like 10 overs even after going half an hour beyond the scheduled close of play. So I think the ICC needs to address it.
Citanul, this must just about be the first time we've actually agreed on something "cricket" wise. Are you sure you not coming down with an illness?

But it is ridiculous the way teams fail to meet the required 90 overs in the day. When last was this achieved without going into extra time? Any idea?
Old 2018-01-17 , 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Citanul, this must just about be the first time we've actually agreed on something "cricket" wise. Are you sure you not coming down with an illness?
It's rare, but sometimes it does happen.

Quote:
But it is ridiculous the way teams fail to meet the required 90 overs in the day. When last was this achieved without going into extra time? Any idea?
It will probably be some day when spinners bowled the bulk of the overs. I don't know how to find that out though.
Old 2018-01-17 , 16:10
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
India beat SL yesterday. Without Kholi, India is still doing well, MS Dhoni is still the backbone to the team, he still takes charge of the troop whether Kholi is there or not

I cannot wait for the SA vs India series - it is going to be an interesting series. My money will definitely be on India, they have been playing good cricket for the past year and SA will be a huge test for them together with the supporters, weather and the bouncy pitches
Hope you didn't invest too much...
Old 2018-01-17 , 16:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
Hope you didn't invest too much...
Flynn, has been remarkably quiet over the past couple of months. Not just now. Perhaps he has pressure of work that keeps him occupied.
Old 2018-01-19 , 09:35

Quote:
Flynn, has been remarkably quiet over the past couple of months. Not just now. Perhaps he has pressure of work that keeps him occupied.
Hey guys, all the best for 2018

Yeah work and moving property has kept me away from social media. All settled down now and enjoying our new place

Well done to SA & their supporters on winning the Test Series against India, the 3rd test is a dead rubber but I am sure that India will want to win this test to show some face to their supporters. No excuses but India was never prepared for this series because they knew that they were going to SA for a huge series in all formats, the BCCI messed up big time, instead of bringing SL to India, they should have arrange a series with either Australia, England, NZ or even WI as their conditions are somewhat similar to SA. India came straight from the SL series to SA and with SA conditions, India was going to get a lashing

India should somewhat be used to the conditions by now so I expect a good ODI & Series - maybe give SA a run for their money
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2018-01-19 , 18:32

Flynn, all the best with the new property. May you find much happiness there.

I don't think that coming to South Africa and playing on our wickets really should have made that much of a difference for India as the wickets were more like the Indian ones than the South African wickets normally are. I will admit that the Centurion wicket did have a bit of an uneven bounce though. Ashwin bowled a lot of overs which indicated to me that the wicket was more suited for spin. Although, here again, the Protea's rookie quick bowler did a lot of damage.

However, good to have you back.
Old 2018-01-23 , 13:27

Quote:
Flynn, all the best with the new property. May you find much happiness there.
Thanks BB - really trying to get used to the area and also trying to get some walking & running done in the afternoons at the same time
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P