Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > New Software Exploras
Old 2017-12-07 , 13:56
Knows how to use a remote

Default New Software Exploras

Hi All

Sorry for the delay in letting you know...

We've updated the software on your Explora. There were some background fixes implemented, none of which will affect your viewing.

The main feature implemented was the "TV Shows You're Watching" tab that's now included under "FEATURED".

To check if you have the new software:

HELP
GENERAL INFORMATION
LOADER STATUS
The Loader Version will be listed on the Loader Details screen.

DStv Explora L81
DStv Explora 2 L27

Thanks
Old 2017-12-07 , 14:39
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sandipa View Post
The main feature implemented was the "TV Shows You're Watching" tab that's now included under "FEATURED".
To expand on this, any shows you watch on CU and CU+ will appear on this tab so it should make it easier/faster to locate shows you regularly watch.

I'm not sure how long shows will remain on this tab? Possibly until the show is no longer available on CU/CU+?
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-12-07 , 14:53
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sandipa View Post
Excellent feature, thank you for listening to us MC!!

At first I thought it was a typo of sorts, but once Krugie explained more...
It will only initially manifest after the software update once you have got another episode ticked.

Great that it's the first thing you see when you hit the CU button.
Personally I would like more control, like the ability to remove a series' season if I change my mind. And I wonder what will happen to a CU+ title once they've all been watched and deleted?

Anyway, nice method of making their way of doing things find common ground with the more regular way that's been a popular request from Forumites. Again, well done and thanks!
Old 2017-12-07 , 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
And I wonder what will happen to a CU+ title once they've all been watched and deleted?
I'v only tried the Watch Now option (and deleted the episodes immediately after watching) as opposed the Download option and the series still remains on the tab, even though I have no episodes stored on my Explora. Previous episodes I watched are still not ticked as having been watched though.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-12-07 , 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
I'v only tried the Watch Now option (and deleted the episodes immediately after watching) as opposed the Download option and the series still remains on the tab, even though I have no episodes stored on my Explora. Previous episodes I watched are still not ticked as having been watched though.
Great, that's that one working right somehow. I suspect it will be the same with downloads, logic so far dictates that they've got this right - will discuss more about it at the end of this post.

Another concern - what will happen when they sometimes reset, I think usually caused by a reload of the title which needed adjusting.
But that's probably more to do with movies than series, and far less of a nuisance IMO... guess we'll see how it all works in time.

From the sounds of things there may be a separate memory that doesn't reset under any normal conditions, except maybe as you say when a series is later completely removed, or after x time period.
Old 2017-12-07 , 15:40

Great feature to have.
Can we have the sort by expiry date?
Old 2017-12-07 , 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Personally I would like more control, like the ability to remove a series' season if I change my mind.
The following was since determined...

A series' season can be removed, while it is highlighted press the ARC button on your remote.
Watching the episode again, or any of that season's episodes will return it to the listing.
Old 2017-12-08 , 00:05

Fantastic. All the shows in one place now

Explora
Old 2017-12-08 , 19:18

@MC, please pass on a request to ShowMax to arrange with you to make the same "TV Shows You're Watching" tab with their Explora system - searching for one of their seasons is far more tedious with their huge catalogue.

I'm sure others will agree... may even post about it.
Many thanks
Old 2017-12-10 , 11:01

I am quite happy the "Shows you are watching" tab has been added as this is the same as the "favourites" that everyone has been asking for and one does not have to scroll though all the catch up titles to look for the few.

The only thing now is, it does not show if there are any "unwatched" episodes. If the "Series" tab is set to Poster view and one selects a series, the bottom of the screen indicates if there are new episodes. Can this be added to the "Watching" tab?