Forum > Decoders > Installation > UEC & Std Old decoder installation.
Old 2017-12-03 , 12:02
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default UEC & Std Old decoder installation.

I wonder if someone could help me. Due to moving my decoders etc I have lost my setup and installation diagram. I pick up most of my channels on easy view but not channel 195.
My setup is UEC 2 record (4T) and the 1110 decoder with Twin LNB & 2*6 MS and a T piece. I also don't know if the 6 way has gone faulty.
Old 2017-12-03 , 14:03
Changes remote batteries daily

Optimist is having problems with posting again, here is his assistance;

Geoff posted about this happening with his UEC 4T this week. It seems that MC adjustments caused the defaults on that decoder to reset and some differently.

Firstly, the LNB Hi Band setting needs to be 10 700 for him and it had changed to 10 600.
So step 1 is to see if that changed for you and if so change it back to 10 700 which is standard for old twin LNBs.
However, this is just a precaution for any future issues and won't affect your current setup either way as it cannot receive Hi Band in its intended direct form unless you upgrade your install. (That change may become necessary even with EasyView in the months / years to come.)

Step 2 - this older 4T decoder doesn't have the related newer "switching frequency", so you will find that it will have reset the LNB mode setting to "Dual" Frequency, it needs to be changed back to "Single" Frequency.
(Technically, this allows the first few Hi Band frequencies to be accepted as part of the top end of the Lo Band.)

No doubt you know it's best to first write down current settings.

I presume all is ok on the 1110, the SD version of channel 195 is on a standard Lo Band transponder.

More would have to wait for the others involved.

Last edited by cdbjhb; 2017-12-05 at 08:11. . Reason: LNB setting description was wrong
Old 2017-12-03 , 14:20
Changes remote batteries hourly

Testing if I can post - please ignore.
(And was just helping get the basics known due to lack of weekend knowledge on the forum with these newer developments.)
Old 2017-12-04 , 15:39

Sorry, this did not help me as I have to re-do my whole set-up. I did write all the settings down, but due to workers that I had they lost my card and have disconnected everything. I need the wiring diagram and settings for the UEC decoder for my existing items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbjhb View Post
Optimist is having problems with posting again, here is his assistance;

Geoff posted about this happening with his UEC 4T this week. It seems that MC adjustments caused the defaults on that decoder to reset and some differently.

Firstly, the LNB Hi Band setting needs to be 10 700 for him and it had changed to 10 600.
So step 1 is to see if that changed for you and if so change it back to 10 700 which is standard for old twin LNBs.
However, this is just a precaution for any future issues and won't affect your current setup either way as it cannot receive Hi Band in its intended direct form unless you upgrade your install. (That change may become necessary even with EasyView in the months / years to come.)

Step 2 - this older 4T decoder doesn't have the related newer "switching frequency", so you will find that it will have reset the LNB type setting to "Twin", it needs to be changed back to "Single".
(Technically, this allows the first few Hi Band frequencies to be accepted as part of the top end of the Lo Band.)

No doubt you know it's best to first write down current settings.

I presume all is ok on the 1110, the SD version of channel 195 is on a standard Lo Band transponder.

More would have to wait for the others involved.
Old 2017-12-04 , 15:49

Ok, but you'll have to give us all the info again. We're likely to just give you worded and hopefully easy enough to follow instructions, not a diagram.

Not fully familiar with your decoders so Geoff or others will likely fill in any blanks when next here.

Are both decoders in the same room?
How many environments involved? Lounge, bedroom(s) etc.
Did you have remote control access in other rooms or now want that?
Any other rooms with a HD connection to the 4T other than the main one?
What cabling is available and how does the LNB cabling get routed?
Old 2017-12-04 , 16:17

Thanks Optimist
See below in your quote. As indicated it was all just disconnected and all the cabling is still there and I just want to reconnect everything. UEC + 1110 + t Piece and 6*2 MS.
MS used to have the info on their WEB, but it looks most of it is removed/archived.

Are both decoders in the same room? Yes both in the lounge
How many environments involved? Lounge, bedroom(s) etc Only 2 Lounge and spare room
Did you have remote control access in other rooms or now want that?Spare room with TV link still there
Any other rooms with a HD connection to the 4T other than the main one? Only lounge with HD, other room with Co-Ax for the HB and TV link
What cabling is available and how does the LNB cabling get routed?[/QUOTE] All just normal Co-Ax
Old 2017-12-04 , 16:35

Sure, glad to help further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
MS used to have the info on their WEB, but it looks most of it is removed/archived.
As you probably know a few things have changed since those days, but you should find the old stuff here: http://forum.dstv.com/showpost.php?p=190198&postcount=1

Presuming that the 2 LNB cables already come into the lounge.
One goes into the HOR input (18V) of the 2x6 MS, the other to the VER input (13V).
Any one MS output goes to the 1110's LNB input.
Any 4 MS outputs go to the 4T's LNB inputs.
Connect both decoders' RF Out ports to the T-piece, with the 3rd leg of the T-piece connecting to the RF cable going to the spare room.
HDMI cable from 4T to lounge TV, but sure you knew that.

Settings:
Power up, then check that the HB etc. RF setting on both decoders is still set to RF Out.
Check that the 4T's TV Link power setting is set to On, and that it's set to Off on the 1110.
Make sure that both of the earlier mentioned settings on the 4T are correct - set to use a LNB's Single Frequency (even though it isn't), and set to use 11 700 for the Hi Band local oscillator setting. You may recall that you would have set that first one up up a few months ago when things first started changing with Hi Band.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-12-05 at 08:05. . Reason: Clarity re "Single" setting
Old 2017-12-04 , 21:23

Hi Optimist thanks great help.

I had the link to the archive as well, but that is the problem with PC as you know, when you move(archive) a document or something, the links inside does not update. In the link I get some 404 errors towards MC's web and link to other threads not valid.
Problem I now have is on the Home network. Is this correct?

Network: DSTV IS7/20???
LNB Power: Controlled or can be off/13V/18V
LNB Mode: Std or can be Univ or SatCR
LNB Lo Freq
With this setting I can't change anything else lower down

[QUOTE=Optimist;371984]Sure, glad to help further.
Make sure that both of the earlier mentioned settings on the 4T are correct - set to use a Single LNB (even though it isn't), and set to use 11 700 for the Hi Band local oscillator setting. You may recall that you would have set that first one up up a few months ago when things first started changing with Hi Band
Old 2017-12-05 , 06:13

If you haven't, try clearing your PC's cache for those links. If you don't have a tool for that maybe try using this: www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Will answer this part in the same way you did;

Network: DSTV IS7/20??? Correct, the names were just not updated
LNB Power: Controlled or can be off/13V/18V Controlled is correct
LNB Mode: Std or can be Univ or SatCR Std is correct (short for Standard, the equivalent of Single Frequency)

LNB Lo Freq
With this setting I can't change anything else lower down No problem, that's fine

If ch. 195 still gives problems try a re-tune, followed by a reboot.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-12-05 at 08:03. . Reason: Clarity
Old 2017-12-05 , 15:17

I susgest swop the 2 lnb feeds at the multi-switch and see if you get the same results on both the decoders .