Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > New Software - Nov 2017
Old 2017-11-06 , 06:28
Changes remote batteries daily

Another irritation I picked up...when forwarding through a recorded program, I used to push the ff button 3 times quickly and it will ff at the max speed...now it doesn't work anymore. You must now press once, wait a second, then push again, wait a second and then push to get max speed. If you do it the old quick way, it starts to forward, but stops and just plays
Old 2017-11-06 , 07:10
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Another irritation I picked up...when forwarding through a recorded program, I used to push the ff button 3 times quickly and it will ff at the max speed...now it doesn't work anymore. You must now press once, wait a second, then push again, wait a second and then push to get max speed. If you do it the old quick way, it starts to forward, but stops and just plays
Same when using the buffer for live TV, and same with the rewinding of either.

It has also affected how quickly you can type the characters in a Word Search.

Highly irritating, hopefully it will be sorted out soonest.
Old 2017-11-06 , 12:25

On the Explora 2 all those functions are unaffected by the update. Seem only the older model is effected by this problem.
Old 2017-11-06 , 13:07

optimist, you are right...forgot to mention it...
Old 2017-11-08 , 06:26

Any word form MC regarding this irritation?????????????
Old 2017-11-08 , 11:21
MultiChoice

Folks this is really strange as you are the only people who have reported this error. Pls send a PM with a link to this thread and your contact details to MC Sandipa so they can look into it.
Old 2017-11-08 , 11:48

Speaking for myself;

I seldom get involved in these specific performance reports due to my past involvement that has my smartcards behaving less than normally at times. When I do, it's usually after someone else first reports it to offer backup observation.
So, not something I think I should take further due to such confusing factors that may now cloud the real issue.

Any situation where more than 1 decoder is affected by the same problem after an update at the same time says it's not strange, it's a bug. Perhaps Sandipa & co. would be able to confirm receiving other reports.

As this team are believed to be examining every single new post in their sections every day, here I normally would see no need for a PM or a link in it, but perhaps MC Marietjie is just being careful due to Sandipa having been on sick leave.

I've only currently been involved with older issues that were still developing, but as that's naturally fading I'm less likely to be around at this stage.
Old 2017-11-08 , 12:19

I am reluctant to post this, but I did experience some problems with FF and RW after the update. Replacing the batteries of the remote solved the problem. I feel silly mentioning this because it seem unrelated to the problem mentioned here
Old 2017-11-08 , 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
optimist, you are right...forgot to mention it...
Only saw this post now. Relates to the earlier bug detail I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Horn View Post
I feel silly mentioning this because it seem unrelated to the problem mentioned here
One would think... but surprisingly, sometimes such personal efforts have improved performance in the past. So you're spot on reporting this kind of thing after all.

And as it so happens, coincidentally I decided to change batteries yesterday - due to weaker directional response, not due to this issue - but the result in my case is no change to the presumed bug.
(Wider-direction response is back to normal.)

Another new (now far worsened) effect caused by this issue - when erasing the default name in a MR, it's now become near impossible to do due to this retarded key-press response.
Old 2017-11-08 , 12:42

Just checked the fowarding (>>) issue on my Explora... mine seems ok, pressed at a reasonable speed. If I go any faster , it will skip (>>>>) and goes back to normal play
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)