Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Not receiving our DSTV Dish Magazine
Old 2017-08-31 , 14:42
MultiChoice

Have asked the team to see if they can make the digital version available a few days before the start of the new month.
Old 2017-08-31 , 15:02
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Have asked the team to see if they can make the digital version available a few days before the start of the new month.
That would help, yes, until this mess is sorted out. Thank you!
Old 2017-11-30 , 12:22
4K, baby!

Quote:
We want to give you the most up-to-date information about the shows and movies on DStv, without having to wait for a DStv magazine to arrive. The DStv magazine is printed 3 months in advance, which means the information is often out of date or incorrect.

As a result, we’re starting to discontinue the printed DStv magazine and will in future stop all delivery of the printed magazine. We’ll invest these savings into our digital platforms by further enhancing the digital magazine, our online calendars, search functions on DStv Now app and on your decoder.

We've been communicating directly to the customers whose magazine will be discontinued - this is being done in a phased approach.

We have a number of easy and convenient tools for you to keep up to date with what’s hot on DStv:
• You can access the digital version of your DStv Premium Magazine on DStv.com and download a pdf of the schedules to print (updated on the 1st of the month for the new moth(
• You can subscribe to our weekly email DStv Premium newsletter and get the highlights delivered directly to your inbox every Wednesday
• Simply use your remote to go channel 100 or the on-screen TV Guide on your decoder where you can use the search function to search by genre, movies A-Z, live sport and new seasons of returning shows
• On your smartphone or tablet, you can access the TV Guide on the DStv Now app where you can scan the channels to see what’s coming up and search by name or genre
• On DStv.com you can access our 14-day TV Guide, monthly movies and series calendars and monthly highlights.

There is also the option to print a PDF version of the TV Guide online for those who prefer to have actual pieces of paper
Thank you but what happens to those who DON'T have internet access? Further, I've always been receiving the magazine and would much rather have continued to do so. Haven't received the November or December issues. Why must I use my limited data to look up what's being shown? Your emails showing highlights are, for the most part, an absolute waste as they give highlights of one or two shows or sports events.

Over the years my subscriptions included the cost of the magazine. With this magazine no longer being delivered does this mean we get a discount on our subscriptions?

Ok, I'm not THAT badly disadvantaged when it comes to not receiving the Dish Magazine because I can access the internet and, even at the cost of the limited data this will cause, it's no big issue for me. BUT, what about those who DON'T have internet. Mostly, I would surmise, being the elderly? Awhile ago there was a thread regarding giving the elderly a "Pensioner's Discount" but this fell through due to some unconvincing arguments from MC's side. Now they lose their magazine? Is this the way to make your subscribers happy? I think not. Further, apart from on social media, although I cannot recall seeing anything about this on either Facebook or Twitter, has any notifications been sent to those who were previously receiving the magazine advising of it's being stopped? Only place I've seen something is MoM's reply on this thread.
Old 2017-11-30 , 12:28
MultiChoice

@beetle bailey - if you are over 55 and on Premium, you can still receive a magazine.

Also, you don't have to use your data - you can use the on-screen TV guide to see what is on. There is also a search function on your decoder for A-Z and new series and movies.
Old 2017-11-30 , 13:52

With regards to this point:
• On DStv.com you can access our 14-day TV Guide, monthly movies and series calendars and monthly highlights.

I'm not sure if there's somewhere else I can look, but in the online tv guide found by following the links on dstv.com I never seem to find data more than a few days ahead, certainly not 14 days. For instance if I go to http://guide.dstv.com/ now, it'll load up the movie channels to start, if I click on Tues, 5th Dec it comes back with "Could not retrieve schedule". Mon 4th December works though, but sometimes in the past there's been even less forward data. I trust that with this"reinvestment" this online guide will get a thorough overhaul/enhancement?

Alternatively, if there is a 14 day guide somewhere else on DSTV.com please advise and I'll use that instead.

edit to the above: Just tried 12th December and it found the schedule! But many days before then are not obtainable. Either way, this guide needs some work.

Last edited by RyanDavid; 2017-11-30 at 13:57. .
Old 2017-11-30 , 14:02
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDavid View Post
For instance if I go to http://guide.dstv.com/ now, it'll load up the movie channels to start, if I click on Tues, 5th Dec it comes back with "Could not retrieve schedule". Mon 4th December works though, but sometimes in the past there's been even less forward data.
This has been one of the regular faults reported in the past. It's not that the data isn't available, just the software or source fouling up - try starting the page again, most times eventually you can access all days offered. A different browser may also help with some faults.
Old 2017-11-30 , 14:05

Ok, thanks Optimist. In the past when I hit a page that couldn't be found I assumed the data ended there, never realised it was so random.

Hope they redesign this for better compatibility with current browsers.
Old 2017-11-30 , 14:12
MultiChoice

Also there is a very good TV guide available on the DStv Now app, and of course on your decoder itself.
Old 2017-11-30 , 17:24
4K, baby!

Quote:
@beetle bailey - if you are over 55 and on Premium, you can still receive a magazine.

Also, you don't have to use your data - you can use the on-screen TV guide to see what is on. There is also a search function on your decoder for A-Z and new series and movies.
55? I've forgotten what life was like so long ago.

Thanks for the reply MoM and can you kindly forward this to the relevant person so that I can once again receive my Dish Magazine. Or can you advise who I need to contact with whatever info is required to ensure delivery starts up again?

Thanks
Old 2017-11-30 , 18:35
MultiChoice

Pls send a PM to MC Solomon with your details or to MC Kenneth.