Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > "This is a PVR" notification
Old 2018-01-02 , 14:53
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Still happening. Was watching something today, paused it and went to another room, came back to find I had been kicked out of what I was watching and got the "This is a PVR" error when I tried to get back to where I was. Guess there was a viewing status check, as usual. The channel was (HD)203 which I had paused.
Old 2018-01-03 , 08:29

It's been another month and not a word from MC. Classy
Old 2018-01-09 , 18:48

Just had an authentication check which froze my picture for a few minutes then put up the "checking viewing status" message, while I was watching Sky Sports News (on Blitz / 200HD), now I have no EPG apart from 100 Dish. If I push 'i' to bring up the i-Plate it seems to think I am on channel 100, even though I am still on 200. Guess yet another reboot is in order.

As stated before, this is on an Explora 1. Beyond a joke now, get some competent coders in to sort out this process so our decoders can still function.
Old 2018-01-10 , 13:32
Knows how to use a remote

Hi All

I sincerely apologise for the frustration this is causing. This is still in testing. I have asked the tech lead to give me an urgent update and will let you know once i have it.

Thanks
Old 2018-01-10 , 13:44

Thanks for the update
Old 2018-01-12 , 10:54

Hi All

The tech team have confirmed that this is receiving the highest attention. As soon as a fix is confirmed, they will let us know when it will be released.

Thanks
Old 2018-01-12 , 13:06
Changes remote batteries daily

So let me see if I can make sense of what is happening regarding this problem
Apart from the numerous fixes and software updates that were reported rolled out to fix this none worked thus far. The current status is that no fix so far has been found and that it is still where we started off .
RyanDavid started this thread on April 12 2017 but prior to this date there were a few threads regarding the same problem dating far back.
On December 1 2017 Marietjie posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Folks in Sandipa's absence, spoke to the team. This issue has been escalated to Irdeto - they are currently testing a fix. Unfortunately they cannot confirm when they will release this to us. We will keep you updated.
It seem that the fix irdeto were testing did not work out as MC Sandipa now reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sandipa View Post
Hi All
The tech team have confirmed that this is receiving the highest attention. As soon as a fix is confirmed, they will let us know when it will be released.
Thanks
My conclusion is that there is no fix yet . MC still have no clue as to what to do the solve the problem.
Old 2018-01-12 , 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Horn View Post
My conclusion is that there is no fix yet . MC still have no clue as to what to do the solve the problem.
From November

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt_ctn View Post
My personal feeling is that there is no fix because they can't actually find the problem. How many months have they been saying the fix rollout is imminent ? C'mon
Yippers. This is still in the wind
Old 2018-01-15 , 20:49

Just experienced this for the first time whilst watching a recording. Had decoder for about a month.
Old 2018-01-17 , 13:22

I had to exchange Explorers a couple of weeks ago and had never had this issue before. Now at least once a week while watching a recording the message "the smartcard" coms up. This is accompanied by the decoder going back to live TV. When I try to go back into the recoding I get the "this is a PVR, if you would like to upgrade ..." message. It then takes a minute or two until you can again go into the recordings.

Is this the same issue ??