Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Explora - recurring Manual Recordings (MR) problem after New Year
Old 2017-01-07 , 10:05
Changes remote batteries hourly

Exclamation Explora - recurring Manual Recordings (MR) problem after New Year

Hi MC (tech and business managements please),

A year ago I reported on the forum that my recurring MRs were failing to set their new periodic recording schedules after the year had changed.

Something has since been done about it.
My only current weekly MR for Saturday mornings was still working on Sat. Dec. 31st in that it set up a recording schedule for this morning, Sat. Jan 7th.
However, this morning the scheduled recording for next Sat. Jan 14th was not set up.

This suggests to me that testing of the change was only done for the first week into the new year.

Perhaps a time constraint, I do wish that white collar (business) management would leave more of the understanding of what's of priority importance for the end user to the directly involved and experienced blue collar (technical) management.

Certainly the all important MR needs a lot of work still, as discussed in many threads in the past year or two. No technical system is good enough without quality manual alternatives to its automated operations.
The forum is full of examples of why the MR is still a very important part of decoder usage.

Many thanks for both sets of ears, I will leave the topic there.
Old 2018-01-03 , 07:41

Really disappointing to have to post that this issue I reported a year ago (and 2 years ago in Explora MR date bug ) has not been fixed further

Personally I manage, can easily enough redo my long term recurring MR's.
But business-MC need to realise this is important for anyone who regularly cyclically records from channels that don't offer SBR's. Please let the techies also spend more time doing what they know needs doing...
Old 2018-01-04 , 07:31
Knows how to use a remote

Default Failed MRs

Hi Optimist Thank you for being on this Forum. I discovered this morning that my MRs after Mon 08 Jan have disappeared. Season Manager is still in place, but not Scheduled Recordings. Reading your Post, I am assuming the only way round this issue is to cancel the Season Manager for those which have vanished, and re-set them .... ? Like you, I trust my MRs way more than any other recording types - a shame, but seems that is how it is. All the best for 2018.
Old 2018-01-04 , 07:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by val1662 View Post
Reading your Post, I am assuming the only way round this issue is to cancel the Season Manager for those which have vanished, and re-set them .... ?
Unfortunately yes, Val, hope you don't have too many. In my case I do also "trust" SBR's... as long as I'm able to babysit them

Have a great 2018 too!
Old 2018-01-04 , 08:45
Changes remote batteries daily

Epic fail that this has still not been resolved. Fortunately I have very few such recordings but it is still an inconvenience that should not be there to start with.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2018-01-09 , 10:32

Hi Optimist

Ive asked the tech team to log this as a defect and investigate. Ill keep you posted.

Thanks
Old 2018-01-16 , 09:25

Hi Optimist

Did the schedules eventually populate and record under Scheduled Screen? If not, can you please provide us with the recording failure reason under Failed Recording screen?

Ta
Old 2018-01-16 , 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sandipa View Post
Hi Optimist

Did the schedules eventually populate and record under Scheduled Screen? If not, can you please provide us with the recording failure reason under Failed Recording screen?

Ta
Hi Sandipa,

No, and as the failure was believed permanent so I replaced all the recurring MR's.
There was never any error reports involved, it just works for the first instance of the new year and then fails to do further scheduling beyond that.

I really can't help further, perhaps the techies should try setting up a false-date environment to examine and trial efforts with it.
(And while they're at it, perhaps some enhancements also suggested can be made to MR's )
Old 2018-01-16 , 10:01
Technical Myriad

Agreed. This problem affected just about all the PVR models.
The quick fix was simply to delete all settings whether TBRs, EBRs SBRs or MRs and reschedule.

Almost as if someone thought this was a leap year ...
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2018-01-16 , 10:46

Fortunately it's not a problem with SBR's on the Explora, but can't say re EBR's.
I do remember having an issue with it on the 2U years ago, though I don't recall with what. Probably at least TBR's.
(Didn't use my SD PVR much with these things.)

BTW, my routine includes checking the Explora's Failed Recordings screen at least once every day.