Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > SD PVR > Audio and video out of sync for recordings
Old 2010-10-11 , 09:40
Still listens to the wireless

Default Audio and video out of sync for recordings

I've encountered it on a number of occasions that, when I play back a recording from the playlist, the audio and video are out of sync. Sometimes it will correct itself by either playing with the rewind/forward function or stopping the replay and accessing it again from the playlist. Sometimes, however, it never gets better and I have to delete the recording and look for when it's on again.

Any info on why this is happening?
Old 2010-10-11 , 09:47
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Hi

This is called Lipsync. You have posted this under SD PVR, so we assume you have an SD PVR. This is more of an issue on the HD models. Furthermore please describe your setup in detail and how you have your sound connected, is it via TV or external audio device?

G
Old 2010-10-11 , 10:23

Indeed, I have SD PVR. I run the video via RCA to my TV and the audio via RCA to an amp and speakers.

Please be specific in terms of what info you'd like regarding my hardware, and where I can find the info?

Thanks
Old 2010-10-11 , 11:48
Technical Myriad

Lipsynch issues on the SD PVR are very very rare.

My connections are RCA direct to TV, or via an RF modulator, and RF to TV's
Old 2010-10-11 , 11:54
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfreak View Post
Indeed, I have SD PVR. I run the video via RCA to my TV and the audio via RCA to an amp and speakers.

Please be specific in terms of what info you'd like regarding my hardware, and where I can find the info?

Thanks
It sounds like your amp is causing the delay. If you test with audio direct to TV and there is no delay then we know if the SDPVR is the issue or not. Also specify brand of amp, and if it supports digital input such as optical or coaxial input

If it is a playout issue, MC will want to know which channe and programme. If the issue is only on Mnet Movies, try disable surround sound.

G
Old 2010-10-20 , 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
It sounds like your amp is causing the delay. If you test with audio direct to TV and there is no delay then we know if the SDPVR is the issue or not. Also specify brand of amp, and if it supports digital input such as optical or coaxial input

If it is a playout issue, MC will want to know which channe and programme. If the issue is only on Mnet Movies, try disable surround sound.

G
I didn't get notification of this additional reply...only one a day a guess.

It's not my amp as I discovered that it only happens on recordings on MNET (channel 101). Will disable surround sound and check it out.

Thanks